http://www.litvision.org/morton.html
Interesting.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Good story, thanks for sharing. It's like the history of DOS, done right.
KermMartian wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Makes me feel all nostalgic for the era before I was born Smile Glad I still get to mess around with cool operating systems nowadays. Speaking of which, everyone who's interested should check out IBM's Master the Mainframe competition while it's still early. I've already won a tee shirt from part one, and I have my fingers crossed for the part two $100 debit card Very Happy
Very good story, I loved the ending, I wish
TheStorm wrote:
Very good story, I loved the ending, I wish
I saw it coming from a few paragraphs away, but it was still a feel-good ending to the typical Silicon Valley exploitation tale where the little guy usually loses.
KermMartian wrote:

Absolutely nothing in the history of MS-DOS lines up (or is in any way similar) at all with that story.

What the hell are you smoking?
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Absolutely nothing in the history of MS-DOS lines up (or is in any way similar) at all with that story.

What the hell are you smoking?

He's probably high off some of Barry's ditch weed Razz

Really though, I assumed Kerm meant that if MS-DOS had been better it would have been made in a fashion similar to this. Or so
something...
Did you guys never see the movie "Pirates of Silicon Valley"?

From Wikipedia: "For this deal, Microsoft purchased a CP/M clone called 86-DOS from Tim Paterson of Seattle Computer Products for less than US$50,000, which IBM renamed to PC-DOS."
Good movie, if only for getting to watch Bill Gates drag race bulldozers Wink
KermMartian wrote:
Did you guys never see the movie "Pirates of Silicon Valley"?

From Wikipedia: "For this deal, Microsoft purchased a CP/M clone called 86-DOS from Tim Paterson of Seattle Computer Products for less than US$50,000, which IBM renamed to PC-DOS."

I'm guessing you didn't actually read the story then...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours