I'VE FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT!!!

You know the problem with the Source Coder not being able to create the labels in the correct position?

HERE'S THE SOLUTION!!!

Code:

First - During the main part of the decompiling, put a label in front of
          every command where it is in the position of the hex code.
          (for ex.  in C9EF4045 the first command would be RET, and
          since it begins at 9D95h it would be  9D95h:
                                                                          RET

Second - Also while decompiling, any labels used by commands
          should be put in a string to be set aside.Like in 21959D you
          would store 9D95 into the separate string.

Last - After the decompiling is complete, have a second step that
          compares all labels in the source with labels in the string of
          used labels you set aside in step 2.If they aren't in it, have
          them removed from the source.

When complete, all required labels will be in their correct positions.I know this works because I wrote an oncalc source coder, (only does RESETBIT, and commands) that uses this same technique.

CLASS DISMISSED!!!
xenonparadox wrote:
You know the problem with the Source Coder not being able to create the labels in the correct position?

No I do not.
What in the world are you smoking? SourceCoder has never handled ASM in any way, shape, or form.
KermMartian wrote:
What in the world are you smoking? SourceCoder has never handled ASM in any way, shape, or form.

Must be some really good stuff.

Just sayin. =p
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h28/Gregunit_2006/THISISWHYWECANTHAVENICETHINGS.png
Isn't this part of a series?
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Irrelevant comic is irrelevant. At any rate, I don't plan on adding ASM disassembly capabilities to SourceCoder any time soon, but if I do decide it's an endeavor worthy of my miniscule free time, I'll certainly give it a go.
KermMartian wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Irrelevant comic is irrelevant. At any rate, I don't plan on adding ASM disassembly capabilities to SourceCoder any time soon, but if I do decide it's an endeavor worthy of my miniscule free time, I'll certainly give it a go.

This whole topic is irrelevant.
That is an excellent point UD.
KermMartian wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

Do it!!! (that's why I asked if BM was on Cemetech like SC, I want to learn ASM). Also, bug report: ^-1 does not work
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
[...]Also, bug report: ^-1 does not work
Right right, bug me about that this evening if I haven't addressed it by then, I'll take a look.
KermMartian wrote:
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
[...]Also, bug report: ^-1 does not work
Right right, bug me about that this evening if I haven't addressed it by then, I'll take a look.

while you're in the code for SC, add an action button that gives you current statistics, like Current size, Loop count, etc.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours