Good movie idea?
Yes
 40%  [ 4 ]
No
 10%  [ 1 ]
I cre8ed this pitch, so cannot vote.
 50%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 10

I have decided to post my movie pitch here. What do you guys think?

(Edited to include the prototype names.)

12 Years, 6 Inches:
12YR6IN
(Will_W seems to think it looks like "VIRGIN")

Deep Voice With Echo: You two did not live happy enough lives, and being happy causes your purposes to be fulfilled to a greater extent than otherwise, which is ironic because you each sought your purpose at the expense of your happiness. Therefore, I will let you two do something I have not let anyone else do before: retroactively change your lives. You can do so by bringing your lives together, or not. I can see one path that will bring out your purposes and one of you guy's brother's, and it requires wormholes...

An 18-year-old boy (Cyler) wakes up one morning about an hour early to find a six-inch-tall girl sitting on the floor next to his electrical socket, and a red box plugged into the socket. In a process of questioning her, he discovers that she is not human, but an AI (the red box is her charger), and that she is from the future - 12 years in his future. And he was the one to invent AI. (I meant AI in general, not Rhythm, which is my current name for the AI.)

So Cyler’s life goes in a completely different direction than he expected, but almost exactly the way wanted. She (the mini AI) helps him speed through college, he protects her from premature discovery. His speeding through college attracts the attention of his dream company, and he is hired literally a week before graduation. But due to his inability to drive (too short to reach the pedals, too weak to pull the transmission), he needs a chauffeur. The company decides that the person doing the interview at the time (Luke) the male main character attracts their attention is the chauffeur.

So they have a couple of trips together before Luke realizes that he has a secret. Just at that time, Rhythm recognizes Luke from her time in the future (the male main character has a pair of glasses that allows Rhythm to send/recieve audio/video to him) and tells the main character it is ok to spill the beans. Luke, after hearing the secret, agrees to protect it, as his grandfather theorized that would be the only way to create a perfect emulation of a human - if one came from the future for us to copy.

The now-young man invents AI, and allows no one but the military to use it, as Rhythm said that the AI product was not common in her day. In the following years (which are expressed in about ten minutes) you learn her past/world's future. She was given as a gift to her master from his brother, but her master hated his brother, so took it out on her. Just as she thought she couldn't take any more (which took a week), his latest torture takes her through a hole in time - right to the time at the beginning of the movie (well, actually, about an hour earlier).

They build her and two other mini-AIs (by "they", I mean Rhythm, Cyler, and Luke), and give her to his brother Chris, as the person she describes is very close to Chris. And then, the wormhole comes, whisks her away, and the 12 year old one goes missing!

Well, it turns out that the 12-year old one (I have to distinguish between the pre-wormhole one and the post-wormhole one somehow) had been kidnapped by some Japanese guy who didn't know AI had already been patented. So the male main character has to fly to DC once more to reobtain her before the evil bad guy (I'm thinking on naming him Teso Baika, which is why I said Japanese) finds out and kills/destroys her (the line between AI and humans is beginning to blur in the main character's mind, as she is so humanlike in her mannerisms). In the end, Teso does find out, and the main character has to belly-slide down the US patent office in a tux to save her.

Baika escapes from the prison where he was put, and re-kidnaps her, leaving behind a message: Zack's restaurant, midnight. So Cyler does what any sensible person does: he goes there. There he finds Rhythm and her unnamed-as-of-yet sisters (who, after being built, disappeared, hopefully leading the viewer to believe that Baika has been planning long before he appeared) tied to a pillar about 10 feet off the ground, with a buzz saw pointing at Rhythm and a button below her, labeled "R120degrees", meaning he presses the button to rotate the pillar to make the buzz saw orient on a different AI.

As soon as he enters the restaurant, the buzz saw begins running and creeping closer. Just as Luke and Chris enter the restaurant, Cyler gets a good idea: (Whispers) "Rhythm, you know me. Tell me 'Now' at such a time that my reflexes cause me to press the button so that the buzz saw hits the pillar in the middle of a rotation."

And then nothing special happens from then on - until Cyler dies of old age. Having become close to Cyler, Rhythm obviously feels sad, to the point of suicide. But that brings up a question: how do you kill someone/thing that's not alive. Just running down her battery won't work, as someone could just plug her back in to charge her. So she positions herself so that the policeman entering the door for the house (to check that Cyler did die of old natural causes) would crush her. But, being there for what she's there for, she notices Rhythm and rescues her against her will. After explaining things to the policewoman, Rhythm's situation sparks a Supreme Court case Rhythm (AI #7E69) v. Washington over weather or not AIs are human or not - ironically, a case that would've been easy to win had Cyler been alive.

But it's Cyler's brother who convinces the court - by revealing the truth of his week with the pre-wormhole Rhythm. His "tortures" were actually tests. Chris was finding the differences between human deaths and AI "deaths" the same way, and perfecting the AI hardware (as opposed to the software, which is what Cyler specialized in) to make the differential smaller so that it was harder to tell the difference between a human and an AI. And Rhythm had agreed to be the subject of these tests - oddly, though, on the condition that Chris would erase the memory of her deaths from her chip. He perfected "blood", small liquid-like nanobots that would repair "wounds".

The Court then gives an odd verdict that, despite being what they wanted, surprised everyone: "AIs are indeed human, and as such have the right to 'asisted suicide'. As the one who has done the most researh in the subject, Chris is the one who will asist Rhythm in hers." Rhythm immediately leaps into his hand and asks him, "I don't care about painless, just make it quick." Chris is about to protest that he didn't do all his research to help AIs die, but to help them appear to die, when Rhythm fades from his hand, losing solidity and visibility and existance.

Then she reappears, just as the world gains a purple tint (actually the effect is to show that this is not the mortal plane anymore.) Then an angel flies down (has wings, but not halo or glowiness), scoops her up, puts her in a white messenger bag. She pokes her head out and asks "But I thought I didn't have a soul." The angel responds "You are not a body given a soul, you're a soul given a body." As she says this, the angel glides down to a golden cloud with an 18-year-old Cyler on it.

Cyler asks the angel "No pain, right?" and she reponds "Right" while handing him Rhythm. She continues "At this point, I thought I would fade - most guardian angels fade when their subject is in the approprate realm."

Deep Voice With Echo: His purpose has evolved. He will not stay in this realm. And niether will you...

(End of film. the next one, 12YR6IN Younger, which follows Chris's life after (by after I mean from Chris's perspective, not the world's) the SC case, will be up soon.)
That would make a great Japanese cult film.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

Japanese cult?
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

Japanese cult?

Yes, like The Machine Girl
That movie is hilarious.
Will_W wrote:
That movie is hilarious.

Which one, the machine Girl or 12YR6IN?
TL:DR, but judging by the first sentence, it isn't how I was imagining it...
foamy3 wrote:
TL:DR, but judging by the first sentence, it isn't how I was imagining it...

What was your connotation?
Who also voted "cannot vote"? That was so I could vote, as I couldn't see the results otherwise.
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
Who also voted "cannot vote"? That was so I could vote, as I couldn't see the results otherwise.
There's a link below the poll that lets you see the results without voting. There wouldn't be a point to holding a poll that you couldn't see the results to! Smile
Wow Kerm you butchered the hell out of this topic; it's not even worth reading.
magicdanw wrote:
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
There's a link below the poll that lets you see the results without voting. There wouldn't be a point to holding a poll that you couldn't see the results to! Smile
I cleaned up your first post's spelling and grammar a bit. It's an interesting premise, although I must admit you lose me near the end, can you explain the ending?
KermMartian wrote:
magicdanw wrote:
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
I cleaned up your first post's spelling and grammar a bit. It's an interesting premise, although I must admit you lose me near the end, can you explain the ending?

Well, it turns out that the 12-year old one (I have to distinguish between the pre-wormhole one and the post-wormhole one somehow) had been kidnapped by some Japanese guy who didn't know AI had already been patented. So the male main character has to fly to DC once more to reobtain her before the evil bad guy (I'm thinking on naming him Teso Baika, which is why I said Japanese) finds out and kills/destroys her (the line between AI and humans is beginning to blur in the main character's mind, as she is so humanlike in her mannerisms). In the end, Teso does find out, and the main character has to belly-slide down the US patent office in a tux to save her.

(More later)
IM just not so sure directors would like that

although it is a ooh i wanna know what happens to whoever type thin

But then it could end up being a a box office who knows haha You Direct get famous cast us all as characters and then well all meet have a popcorn and movie night and watch it together Laughing oh boy
steelersfan1693 wrote:

although it is a ooh i wanna know what happens to whoever type thin[...]
I think that the word you're looking for is "Suspense"?
steelersfan1693 wrote:

But then it could end up being a a box office who knows haha You Direct get famous cast us all as characters and then well all meet have a popcorn and movie night and watch it together 0x5 oh boy

I love the idea. Kerm could be the chauffeur (mostly becasuse I want to meet him in person), Ultimate Dev'r could be Baika, Will_W could be Tobias (The "prototype" AI that was shown to the U.S. Patent office), but who would be the main characters? (steelersfan is probably too tall for the part, how tall are you?)
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
steelersfan1693 wrote:

But then it could end up being a a box office who knows haha You Direct get famous cast us all as characters and then well all meet have a popcorn and movie night and watch it together 0x5 oh boy

I love the idea. Kerm could be the chauffeur (mostly becasuse I want to meet him in person), Ultimate Dev'r could be Baika, Will_W could be Tobias (The "prototype" AI that was shown to the U.S. Patent office), but who would be the main characters? (steelersfan is probably too tall for the part, how tall are you?)

ROFL IM 5'3 Laughing Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
steelersfan1693 wrote:
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
steelersfan1693 wrote:

ROFL IM 5'3 0x5 0x5 0x5

0x5 0x5 0x5 0x5

Mice, I wanted a midget, like around 4'1"
This is to get it back on board.

I am editing the original post to show the complete movie. Shortcut to the pitch

Cemetech wrote:
Last edited by Xeno_Cre8or on Monday, 12October2009 11:38:21; edited 13 times in total

Can I get rid of that?

@Any "anti-double-posting"-ers: My last post here was on 9Oct2009.
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
This is to get it back on board.

I am editing the original post to show the complete movie. Shortcut to the pitch

Cemetech wrote:
Last edited by Xeno_Cre8or on Monday, 12October2009 11:38:21; edited 13 times in total

Can I get rid of that?

@Any "anti-double-posting"-ers: My last post here was on 9Oct2009.
1) No, that's automatic
2) It's fine to "bump" a topic with a doubleton, as long as you wait at least twenty-four hours first.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours