I blame my ignorance of the CREATPROG function on the creator of ASM Guru.About 96% of all his examples have crashed my calc.

So I was wondering, when Kerm made Beta Compiler 8, why didn't he combine the ZCOMPILE prgms into one asm prgm?

Or maybe capitalize all commands with the exception of the .db command?With only four ways to write .db (.db .DB .Db .dB) it takes little extra space and would allow lowercase characters.

Just as a quick add-in how do you use the DoorsCS library commands in Beta Compiler?This doesn't work...

Code:
xor d
ret
jr start
.dw 0
.db 6,0
.dw 0
.dw 0
start:
call largewindow
ld hl,title
call vputs
call guimouse
call pause
ret

I know this ones gonna give me more criticism than Britney Spear's haircut in 2000...

Edit: Oh, one more thing...

Oncalc Beta 8 doesn't support the command

RST MOV9TOOP1

Edit from Kerm: Please, please don't double-post. All your posts have an Edit button for a reason. Also, it makes code a lot more readable if you wrap it in [code] tags. Thanks.
xenonparadox wrote:
I blame my ignorance of the CREATPROG function on the creator of ASM Guru.About 96% of all his examples have crashed my calc.

So I was wondering, when Kerm made Beta Compiler 8, why didn't he combine the ZCOMPILE prgms into one asm prgm?[...]
I appreciate the flattery, but I didn't make either ZCOMPILE or Beta Compiler 8. Cf. the following topic for more information about it from the actual author; he's the one you should be asking. Very Happy
http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1701&highlight=zcompile
Why aren't you using the newest version? http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/392/39241.html
calc84maniac wrote:
Why aren't you using the newest version? http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/392/39241.html

That's what I saw! Thank you, calc84maniac!
I've been looking for that!

@ Kerm:
I wrote:
I want to learn Z80 or ASM. Are there any good OnCalc assemblers, because I'm not an admin on my own laptop.

and this is what I meant
*facepalm* But you don't need an oncalc assembler, there are lots and lots and lots of executable on-computer assemblers that do not require admin privileges. Sad Brass and TASM spring to mind, just to name two.
Does anyone have a good program finding routine I can look at?

I saw Kerms post for the DCS Source took a 2 month look and my eyes hurt from looking at all the VAT's I can't tell what's what with the exeption of 05h and 06h.

However, I did find a useful App executing script.

Code:

Just some thought here,
is the starting ptr for apps the same as prgms?
xenonparadox wrote:
Does anyone have a good program finding routine I can look at?

Just some thought here,
is the starting ptr for apps the same as prgms?

_ChkFindSym is the winner there. Make very good friends with that document (and 83pa28d if you haven't already).

There's an _ExecApp call you can use to launch an app (pass it a string for the app's name in OP1), but exiting the app will return control to the system (it won't return to your code) due to the standard return to _JForceCmdNoChar.
To find apps you use ...... _FindApp (what a surprise), not _ChkFindSym.
And to answer the question in the last part of that post, no, the starting point for Apps is most certainly not the same as programs. ChkFindSym will return a RAM or ROM location offset along with a page number (0 for RAM, nonzero for ROM), while since Apps take multiples of whole pages and are each at least one page, an offset would be meaningless.
Sorry I've been gone so short, those who enjoyed the vacation.I've been learning ASM from a tutorial and had
Some questions...

1)Is program writeback available in application?

2)How do you single out bytes of data in a program like the header C901 in a mirage header?
xenonparadox wrote:
Sorry I've been gone so short, those who enjoyed the vacation.I've been learning ASM from a tutorial and had
Some questions...

1)Is program writeback available in application?

2)How do you single out bytes of data in a program like the header C901 in a mirage header?
1) No, that's the whole point of AppVars, to store things that would otherwise be written back, such as settings, scores, etc, in a non-application. The except is self-modifying code (SMC); if you want this in your application, you have to copy the routine from ROM to RAM, call the RAM address of the routine, and when it completes it will return to executing in ROM.

2) Huh?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours