Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
So I noticed an interesting post on Engadget comparing radiation levels of many popular cellphones during active use (ie, connected to the cell network and actively transmitting and receiving). My phone, the UTStarcom Super Slice, is on the high side at 1.47W/KG when held to one's ear. How do your phones stack up?

http://www.ewg.org/cellphoneradiation/Get-a-Safer-Phone?allphones=1
My phone, a Samsung A737, is on the high end too, at 0.43 - 1.28 W/kg Sad Thankfully, I don't really use it much.
My phone (the LG 600G) posted a score of 0.96 W/kg, but again, the phone sees very little use.
1.20 W/kg - Sees sporadic voice calls, many texts and e-mails.
Blackjack II, my phone seems to vary depending on what cell tower it connects to o.0
comicIDIOT wrote:
Blackjack II, my phone seems to vary depending on what cell tower it connects to o.0
Indeed, it has a lot of modes. O_o Fascinating.
Pantech PN-820, which is not on the list Surprised
Doesn't get much use anyway so I don't worry much.

Why include about 1/5 of the list if they're "n/a" ?
KeithJohansen wrote:
Pantech PN-820, which is not on the list Surprised
Doesn't get much use anyway so I don't worry much.

Why include about 1/5 of the list if they're "n/a" ?
If you click through to some of the N/A's (like my phone) you get the info anyway.
Nokia 6500 Slide: 0.95 W/kg

I can't remember the last time I held it to my ear, though; I only really use it for work, which (being a programmer) involves interaction with a PC and I'm not well coordinated enough to operate a mouse and keyboard with one hand. Hands free kits are a lifesaver. Smile
Heres mine [url=http://www.ewg.org/cellphoneradiation/Get-a-Safer-Phone/LG/Chocolate+3+(VX8560)/]Chocolate[/url] it comes in at 1.26 W/kg.
but there are no proven ill effects of cell phone radiation.
My phone is too archaic to be included in the data.

http://www.ewg.org/cellphoneradiation/Get-a-Safer-Phone?query=v120&provider_id=&brand=Motorola
My phone (Samsung Alias (SCH-u740)) is fairly low at 0.68 W/kg but it doesn't get that good of reception sometimes, it is often at less bars than my moms phone on the same carrier within a few feet of one another.
My cell phones are glued to both ears. And I'm not talking about bluetooth headsets.
allynfolksjr wrote:
My cell phones are glued to both ears. And I'm not talking about bluetooth headsets.
Hardcore.
In Belgium (where I live, that small spot on the West-European coast), a company tried to launch an "anti cellphone radiation chip". It couldn't even work...
comicIDIOT wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
My cell phones are glued to both ears. And I'm not talking about bluetooth headsets.
Hardcore.




rubber band > glue
I have the Palm Treo 800W @ 1.43 W/kg

Not that you'll actually see any damage until exposure of like 2-3 hours at 100+ W/kg, but hey, nothing like some good ol' fear mongering! Razz
allynfolksjr wrote:
My cell phones are glued to both ears. And I'm not talking about bluetooth headsets.
do you really mean it?
Kllrnohj wrote:
I have the Palm Treo 800W @ 1.43 W/kg

Not that you'll actually see any damage until exposure of like 2-3 hours at 100+ W/kg, but hey, nothing like some good ol' fear mongering! Razz
Oh, I'm sure, but it's still interesting to see. Out of curiosity, where did you pull that 2-3h @ 100+ W/kg figure from?
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement