Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
OR.... you could just get a netbook and install matlab on it.

That would be the intelligent thing to do; can't have that now can we? Razz

Of course not! Razz
Hey, i just registered because i saw this and i wanted to post this suggestion:
I made an image to help, since the letters are on the faceplate, or body, swap teh buttons so that there are teh numbers in teh middle of the thing, and edit the OS or make a pogram or something liek that to change teh function of:
Realbutton -> What it does
5 -> 9
1 -> 8
4 -> 7
, -> 6
^ -> 5
Tan -> 4
/ -> 3
Log -> 2
Apps -> 1

If you understand what i mean, heres how i think the layout should be:

Remember: What im suggesting is only swapping the function of whatever is printed on the button, ex. im my pic above, 2nd + (+) doesn't bring up the memory menu, 2nd + Log does, because both MEM and " are on the same button.
Stephen wrote:
If you understand what i mean, heres how i think the layout should be:

That's what I think you should do, but it would need to change the OS every time TI updates thiers..
Or install a key hook. Smile
Welcome to Cemetech, Stephen, and thanks for the suggestion. I must say that I really like that layout, and I'm beginning to seriously consider the suggestion of the remapping. However, I must point out that a keyhook would only do the trick as far as things accessing the keys via the TI-OS. Anything that used direct input, like Doors CS, most other shells and games, and indeed almost every ASM program built for speed over size, wouldn't work correctly with it. The only workaround I can think of is using a small microprocessor that either sends the raw keys (in which case the changed alpha/2nd stuff wouldn't work right) or interpreted 2nd and alpha itself and sent the OS modified keycode based on the known remapping of the alpha/2nd functions. The downside of that is that there would need to be a key to toggle to direct input or getkey/csc mode, unless there's something the TI-OS does in getkey and getcsc that I could detect on one of the port lines.
all romcalls affect the linkport if that helps.
You could wait until the community-written TI-OS is finally finished (in what, 10 years?) and then edit the source to compensate Smile

Hahaha Laughing

¡the Voila! Now all 3 sets of functions make sense!

Note the COLOR button near the 0 button. That's my own personal touch, and something I think TI should do.
Wait, I'm a bit confused, Xeno. Can you explain what the color button does?
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:

¡the Voila! Now all 3 sets of functions make sense!

Note the COLOR button near the 0 button. That's my own personal touch, and something I think TI should do.

What's with all the maligned keys? Razz
KermMartian wrote:

Well, nothing if this is a TI-83+/SE or TI-84+/SE, but if it is a fictional TI-85+/SE/GoldEd, it lets you change the default text color (using hexcodes like 007777, of course.

Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
What's with all the maligned keys? Razz

I took a SE pic and cut it. If Kerm took my option, it would probably be aligned.
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Well, nothing if this is a TI-83+/SE or TI-84+/SE, but if it is a fictional TI-85+/SE/GoldEd, it lets you change the default text color (using hexcodes like 007777, of course.

The TI-85 has long since been dead.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Yes, but this is the TI-85+, a continuation of the TI-83+/TI-84+ family.
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

The TI-85+ would be an extension of the TI-85, not the TI-83+/TI-84+ series.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

The TI-85+ would be an extension of the TI-85, not the TI-83+/TI-84+ series.

So what do I call it, the "TI-84+ Cyan Edition"? Oooh, I actually like that.
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
^^,
swivelgames wrote:
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
^^,
Does that mean you like it too?
LOL

Anyways, i WAS going to remake the image with 84+SE buttons and a nice grey gradient background, but i didn't feel it would be fully appreciated, seeing as thsi is still very concept.u..al... as a concept...

Maybe you could take all the functions with the face (value?) function of the key but then you would need to either repaint functions onto the new case or switch around the ones on the old case and stick them on the new case.

I think a micro whatever.it.was will be good.
Yeah, I'm beginning to think more strongly about doing the microcontroller option, thanks Stephen. Nevertheless, I'd still really like a way to guess if the TI-OS is the one making the call on behalf of GetCSC or the equivalent so that the user doesn't have to manually switch key modes. Razz
Hey, how whould the getKey command be accessed? Would 2ND be 21 like it is on a normal TI-83/+/SE/TI-84+/SE, or 11 like the blueprints of the keyboard suggests?

Edit: Idea Idea Idea getKey(1) would return the getKey a normal TI-83/+/SE/TI-84+/SE would, and getKey(0) would return the natural-seeming one on this keyboard. All that needs is a tiny parser hook.

Edit #2: "Cemetech proudly presents the TI-84 Plus Cyan Edition Clamshell Form!!! Soon to abbreviated as the TI84PCC!!!" Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours