21%  [ 9 ]
Absolutely, mapping/artwork/interface
 28%  [ 12 ]
No, but I look forward to playing
 45%  [ 19 ]
I have no interest in this
 4%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 42

Would make a good mod, feedback. I would love to ride some polar bears or fight some (HINT HINT... HIIINT)... would be especially cool for a LOST rpg.
elfprince13 wrote:
Didn't quite finish this today, but I did get large portions of it actually functional instead of the properties being set from the console. Few menus and buttons to go.

Also updated the resetModStack() function to do a more complete reset of the engine without actually having to exit.
Better and better. Smile I hope once I make some headway on thesis and Doors CS, I can start talking to you about my implementing the train system I've always imagined for Freebuild. Smile
We should definitely have a brain storming session at some point. I'm forgetting, are you licensed for TGE, or not?
elfprince13 wrote:
We should definitely have a brain storming session at some point. I'm forgetting, are you licensed for TGE, or not?
No, I am not, although I might be able to work something out with my research lab. We'll talk about it at some point.
aighty aight. AIM ftw.
Milestone: the SVN just reached commit #100, and it's a biggy. But I don't want to steal Cyber's thunder, so I'll let him share.
Crossposted on the TBM forums: http://thebettermod.org/forum.html?func=view&catid=2&id=12604#12604

Indeed, we just hit revision 100. What a ways. Anyway, what it is is a system in which you can load, save and delete key map settings through the GUI.

This system allows you to save your current settings under a specified name, load them according to what's on the list, and delete them. You can also put these custom bind files into a mod to be distributed, and it will show up on the list (no execing required, and it won't overwrite the settings you had). Once it's in your mod folder all you need to do is hit load, and it will load those bindings. And when you quit it will save whatever bindings you had loaded.

The game will be released with desktop and laptop settings built in.
Here's a logo idea for you:

OooooooooOoOooO0o... I like it. It doesn't quite go with the theme, though, does it? I suppose it does... Hm.
CyberPrime wrote:
OooooooooOoOooO0o... I like it. It doesn't quite go with the theme, though, does it? I suppose it does... Hm.
Eh, it doesn't really go with the theme, particularly the Start Server / Join Server / etc buttons. Pr'aps I'll mock up some of those that fit the logo if you want, and see if I can make that inventory screen incorporate this color scheme and style. I bet one or more of Gobbles' GUI themes has this coloring and modern styling...
Indeed. We really are looking for artists to do a theme because what we have now simply will not work, it's too much like TBM.
CyberPrime wrote:
Indeed. We really are looking for artists to do a theme because what we have now simply will not work, it's too much like TBM.
OK, I'll do some more work on it later. So that I don't forget, note to self:
>> Title font is Boombox 2
>> Subtitle font is D3 Euronism
Awesome logo Kerm. I'd be great to see a full GUI made Smile

All great updates Thomas, and CyberPrime. I'm really looking forward to this now! I'm quite interested in the development of this now Smile
I actually had some ideas about theming that should be discussed, particularly for the main menu Smile

Click for larger version

Updated to show log-in screen.
Nice, nice. The login box looks like it needs some opacity or a background of some sort. Completely transparent just doesn't look all that great and the text blends in too well. Other then that it looks great if the logo's theme was also green. Personally I'd rather you go through the trouble changing the logo's theme to green, cause that's a pretty cool background Razz
swivelgames wrote:
Nice, nice. The login box looks like it needs some opacity or a background of some sort. Completely transparent just doesn't look all that great and the text blends in too well. Other then that it looks great if the logo's theme was also green. Personally I'd rather you go through the trouble changing the logo's theme to green, cause that's a pretty cool background Razz

Yeah, I'm still playing with that Very Happy
swivelgames wrote:
Don't worry, I think I figured out exactly what to do. Very Happy I will theme it up shortly. Smile

Edit: So I envisioned the logo made into a lego-sticker-type thing on one or more smooth tile pieces, but when I tried to mock it up, I wasn't that happy with the result. I'll try working on it more later.
Looks great, except for one minor detail: you should use a cooler font in the buttons... Other than that, superb!
Yea, you can pretty much expect the GUI to be completely redone by the time we are finished. Especially the main menu.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 13
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours