21%  [ 9 ]
Absolutely, mapping/artwork/interface
 28%  [ 12 ]
No, but I look forward to playing
 45%  [ 19 ]
I have no interest in this
 4%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 42

Maybe for the health and the blue thing (ammo? or is it jetpack?) you could have it on the sides of the crossshair like on HL2:

{[+]}

like that
I hear you, I hear you,
Just wait until it's actually done before you jump on it.

[edit]

that's an interesting idea..... I'll take it under consideration.
What's with the on this topic? Confused
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
What's with the on this topic? Confused

It's an announcement (notice the front page) so I promoted it to such.

Also, I finished the chat-huddy goodness.
Chatting in fashion is allways important Very Happy
Parsing the Cemetech server list is now operational. Still needs a little work to actually use the info....but we're getting there.

[edit]
Integrated this patch for a script-side performance boost

[edit]

sub-tasks to accomplish:

Fallbacks for login/sax stuff, and the ability to shut off SAX/Cemetech integration (particularly for LAN situations).

GUI for managing Game Modes, and script support for having multiple activated game modes on a server.

Civilian/Builder flag for deathmatch situations.
Why does that guy not have a face? Other than that looking good Elf.
TheStorm wrote:
Why does that guy not have a face? Other than that looking good Elf.

meh. Mounting+preference issues. I messed some stuff up when I was playing around with 3d player previews and we still don't *quite* have everything back to normal. On a positive note, I get FreeBuild to compile natively under linux. On a not so positive note, it segfaults. But I used gdb to get a backtrace and asked for some help on GG. We'll see how it goes.
Hope this goes well. I would have loved to contribute my time to this earlier in the year but I couldn't care much less for the project anymore to be completely honest.

I hope to see some progress on this. Maybe even see a working beta sometime?
swivelgames wrote:
Hope this goes well. I would have loved to contribute my time to this earlier in the year but I couldn't care much less for the project anymore to be completely honest.

I hope to see some progress on this. Maybe even see a working beta sometime?
I was playing a few minutes of TBM 2 today, just running around in some of the old maps and some of my ancient builds. Brought back some really nice memories. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
I was playing a few minutes of TBM 2 today, just running around in some of the old maps and some of my ancient builds. Brought back some really nice memories. Smile

Skype with Rivereye + JPez while building that train station in Blocktopia?
Hey guys, not huge amounts of progress this week/weekend as it was parents weekend, and I had a frisbee tournament for a large portion of the day, but I'm digging through the engine code to figure out how to make a good 3D player customization GUI widget for the options menu. I'm also planning on adding in GuiObjectView's for use with the inventory.
After 3:30 today I don't have class again until 10:30 Wednesday morning. Saturday->Sunday morning will have a fair amount of coding time.
elfprince13 wrote:
After 3:30 today I don't have class again until 10:30 Wednesday morning. Saturday->Sunday morning will have a fair amount of coding time.
Wootsauce! Tell me if there's anything I can do to help out with coding or testing. Smile
How do you play in TBG?
What do you mean, Xeno? We would have to give you access to the SVN for you to play. We haven't released anything yet.
CyberPrime wrote:
What do you mean, Xeno? We would have to give you access to the SVN for you to play. We haven't released anything yet.

O.
GUIObjectView has been compiled in. This will let us finish up the inventory stuff. A more in depth solution will be needed for the player preview, but this is a good start. Using XCode + gdb to track down a particularly insidious bug with Torquescript-variable memory management.

[edit]

If any of you C++ gurus have ideas/investigative routes about the discussion here:
http://www.garagegames.com/community/resources/view/18045/2#comment_form

let me know. I'm happy to provide more code + debugging info.
mmm, so, I cheated a little, but here's a preview of the first generation of the inventory system.

Slightly improved, now I need to handle some text loading and weapon previews. And then modify it to skin things properly.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 13
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours