Now, heres a program idea that if anyone can find a way to pull off, I will forever be in debt. Can somebody please find a way to make a program that will allow you to upload a file onto the internet, the internet assembles it, and you can then download it. I can't get any assembler to work. So basically, what the program needs to do is:

Take File "A"
Upload it to the internet
Store To Location 1
Assemble File "A"
Store File To Location 2
Download From Location 2
End with file A (Assembled)

Can this be done???
What language is the file written in?
KeithJohansen wrote:
What language is the file written in?

z80 Assembly
Sure its possible, but its not a good idea. For one, all but the simplest of programs will likely span multiple files. Two, there isn't any point. You should really just get a compiler to work - if you can't do that, then you have no hope of coding in Z80. Last time I coded Z80 (long time ago) I used the Latenite IDE ( http://www.benryves.com/products/latenite ) then you don't need to worry about the compiler. But I strongly urge you to just man up and figure it out, its really very simple to compile Z80 at a command prompt.
I find usually people mess up with include files being of the wrong type for their assembler. If you need help assembling, I've had good luck with both TASM and SPASM. Let me know what you're working with, what errors you're getting, and I can probably help you work them out.
Kllrnohj wrote:
I used the Latenite IDE ( http://www.benryves.com/products/latenite ) then you don't need to worry about the compiler.

This works really well, grazie. I think I'll stick with this for now.
You have enough userbars there Svakk?
The basic elite is still alive?
noahbaby94 wrote:

Not only is it not alive, Svakk isn't a member or apprentice (and as such has no business using that userbar).
Kllrnohj wrote:
noahbaby94 wrote:

Not only is it not alive, Svakk isn't a member or apprentice (and as such has no business using that userbar).

Same goes for the Doors CS 7 userbar.
Kllrnohj wrote:
noahbaby94 wrote:

Well, it never officially ceased existence, but you're correct that Svakk is not a member. Smile Why can't he use the DCS7 userbar, because it doesn't exist yet?
KermMartian wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
noahbaby94 wrote:

Well, it never officially ceased existence, but you're correct that Svakk is not a member. Smile Why can't he use the DCS7 userbar, because it doesn't exist yet?

Exactly.
Ok I was just about to say I hadn't seen anything about them.
Anyway, getting back ontopic. I've thought about this idea many times before, and it always seems to be more trouble than it's worth. Actually, way, way back in the day there was a perl program on a website where you could input TI-83 ASM code, it would run TASM, and it would output Send(9program code that you could type into your TI-83.
mkay, topic is now permenetly off topic. Kerm, its okay, I got a program that works now (thanks to Kllrnohj), and just for you guys that complain about every little thing, I removed the Basic Elite Bar, and kept the DCS7 one, Because I'm Going to be a member.
You could upload an archive to a site containing all the includes and such, have the site assemble it, and download it, but it would be so limited that it really wouldn't be worth it.
Svakk wrote:
mkay, topic is now permenetly off topic.

You don't get to make that call.

Svakk wrote:
just for you guys that complain about every little thing, I removed the Basic Elite Bar, and kept the DCS7 one, Because I'm Going to be a member.

But you replaced the Basic Elite Bar with other bars, so you still have too much fluff in your sig Bad Idea

magicdanw wrote:
You could upload an archive to a site containing all the includes and such, have the site assemble it, and download it, but it would be so limited that it really wouldn't be worth it.

Exactly. After all, assembling on your own computer is sooooo SUPER HARD. (we need a way to animate text on this forum).
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
we need a way to animate text on this forum

Agreed
magicdanw wrote:
Ugh, that seems like such a more awkward solution than simply downloading a good assembly suite and doing it yourself.
Well, if you think from a standpoint that you're doing it from within your own computers... What about computers that have restricted access to certain filetypes and such (like schools or something of the sort). I know that it can be argued that "Then you shouldn't be doing it there in the first place.", but I'm just taking a stab at the idea, since I don't know how many people learned their programming skills by messing around (nothing of misdemeanor, though) with the computers at school, like I have done before.

It's similar to how I've seen people struggle back then when the school computers have Office versions that uses the XML filetypes (*.docx, *.pptx, *.xlsx), and their home computers are using the older ones, and usually the schools won't allow download or installing of programs (for good reason), so people would tend to look for an online solution.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours