foamy3 wrote:
lafferjm wrote:
I can't even turn my calculator on anymore. I've tried removing the batteries for a few hours and that didn't work.

Did you put them back in?

And did you take out the little watch battery thing, too?
Aye, and after keeping all five out for a few hours, did you try holding [DEL] while you press [ON]?
I havent tried pressing del i'll give that a try. And yes i pull all five batteries out.
lafferjm wrote:
I havent tried pressing del i'll give that a try. And yes i pull all five batteries out.
If none of that works, I know BrandonW has ample experience in unbricking calculators, so I'm sure he has some helpful tips with which none of the rest of us are familiar.
Remove a battery and hold [DEL] while putting it back in. If that doesn't work try the same with [ON]+[DEL] while putting the battery back in.
alright that worked. Now to mess it up again by trying another one of the OS's. Very Happy
lafferjm wrote:
alright that worked. Now to mess it up again by trying another one of the OS's. Very Happy

Sounds like a plan.
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/news/articles/14/145/145154.html
ZagorNBK wrote:
Indeed, now we can sign anything! I'm amazed that TI has yet to send a cease-and-desist, however.
KermMartian wrote:
ZagorNBK wrote:
Indeed, now we can sign anything! I'm amazed that TI has yet to send a cease-and-desist, however.

Im confused. How do we make our own OS and how does the hex code help us?
The OS must be digitally signed by TI in order for the calculator to accept it (without further "persuasion"). This...is TI's signature Very Happy It's still going to be tricky to make a full OS, but now we can give it to everyone once we're done! Razz
Are there any fully functional third-party os's at the moment? :\
No. AFAIK, there are only two that are reasonably alive:
About the ON+DEL thing...you have to do that to get back into the boot code and receive another OS.

We take for granted a lot of the stuff that the TI-OS has, like resetting RAM when it detects some funky things. The current third-party OSes don't have any of that, so if you crash it in just the right way, you're screwed until you boot back into it from scratch with ON+DEL.

So if you're tinkering with this and find you can't use it anymore, use ON+DEL.
I guess I never really thought about that before, fascinating. I guess for all its general fail, the TI-OS isn't completely useless after all.
The TI-OS is actually quite useful. They did a lot of things right, which is why OS2 is modeled after it, and why the motto is "the TI-OS done right"; all the benefits and none of the crap.
I like TIOS; it's feature rich, even though it misses the obvious on some options and is not expandable. But I would like to thank Brandon again for his work, and ask if there's anything I can do to help.
So brandonw..
Any potential feature ? :O
Reapex wrote:
So brandonw..
Any potential feature ? :O

I'm not sure I follow what you mean.
Doh, didn't finish that sentence Sad
Any list of potential features yet?
Reapex wrote:
Doh, didn't finish that sentence Sad
Any list of potential features yet?

Not specifically yet. Dual booting of the TI-OS, of course, and all the current features of the TI-OS.

The main goal of this is an OS core with all the TI-OS functionality we know and love, and built-in support for the things we've come to develop over the past decade (MirageOS/Ion/etc. program support, running BASIC programs directly from the archive, USB host/peripheral support and as many drivers as possible, Calcsys-like debugging tools, etc.).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours