Currently how big is it without and with the widgets?
If I can get ahold of a beta, I will definitely want to write games for this if possible. Even little small ones [ I am good at making games in under 1KB of space Very Happy ]
Eeems wrote:
Currently how big is it without and with the widgets?

The actual code is around 6K at the moment (including the Finder and Settings widgets). The real question you should be asking is how much space does it take up while running... each widget takes up about another 1~2K of RAM during execution.

Generally I've found that it's difficult to run more than 4 or 5 widgets without fearing a crash.

CDI wrote:
If I can get ahold of a beta, I will definitely want to write games for this if possible. Even little small ones [ I am good at making games in under 1KB of space]

I'm still trying to define some good standards for widget code; my current setup is rather complex.

Eeems_ was asking about how it works; let me sort of show you.

Basically, widgets work like this

Code:
:if Ans = 1:Then
://This is where the widget is initialized
:Set Up Toolbar using a routine I provided
:Draw Window using another routine I provided
:Draw any other elements using xLib
:Using a routine I provide, ask to be allocated a Pic#
:Store image to that Pic#
Else

:if Ans = 2:Then
://This is where the actual widget is run. 
://DarkFire will automatically recall the PIC allocated to this widget
://The last keypress within DarkFire is stored to K, unless K = 24 or 26, in which case it remains 0
:While K!= 24 and K!=26
:Widget Code
://Periodically, when the user isn't doing anything, call another routine that runs "background" tasks
:More Widget Code
:End
:Store Pic to allocated PIC#
:Else

:if Ans = 3: Then
:very very very fast code that is periodically executed in the background
:Else

:End:End:End

Widgets can request extra PIC variables, and are responsible for protecting their variables. I want to change the last part, but it takes too much time to swap out common variables and lists all the time.

I might also add icons using the DCS format.... except the codes would have to go at the end of the program, not as a header
That seems straightforward enough. Assuming that you have all those bits in other programs you can RCL into the widget when need-be.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours