It's not the processor speed by the FSB speed that controls the RAM load.
well, it worked, now it takes 10 min to boot not 30
Surprised That's still terrible though. Do you have Linspire on it yet?
no:( its not fast enough, not even to run from cd or to do diagnostics test, linspire needs atleast 800MHz processor and 128mb ram, and 8 gig hdd, i failed all those Sad so im buildin a new comp but usin the case, cd drive, and hdd with win2000 from that 1
Sweet, go for it. So I guess we'll have to wait awhile for the review? Smile
ya, but i will post 1 eventually, i would ask for the computer parts for my birthday, but id rather have a psp, but my grandma does usually send me mone so ill have a little, and can earn some by mowing and weedeating
Cool, sounds good. I look forward to reading it!
im looking forward to having my own comp that i dont have to share!!
Laughing And I'm looking forward to a LAMP server.
i wouldnt mind havin 1, but i dont wanna pay the internet bill Neutral t1 is rather expensive, and so r dsl and cable that can support webhosting
i actually have all the software needed to do it
its not like my own dite would run rediculas bandwidth, I'd probably get less then most people that do the a netwroks do from uploading (around 50 megs a month)
Surprised That's tiny!!

Since I'm going to college, I could probably use their bandwidth.
i have a high dl speed, 1.5mbps, but a slow upload, 256k
KermMartian wrote:
Surprised That's tiny!!

[sacasm]Thanks, i get so many visitors because my site has a point[/sacasm]

pat411 wrote:
thats not that slow for some one with dial up they wouldn't even know and its not like each page has 1 meg of info on it
but wut about when multiple ppl access it at once? or like on my not-so-finished-site i have a dl section, and umm well not all the files r remote, they link like their remote, but the link to my pubdl page. we r thinkin about switchin to cable tho, 4-5mbps Smile dl, upload wasnt listed ne where tho Confused but it has to be more than 256. sum 1 told me that with cable i would have 4mbps total and if i was usin a lot of uplpadin then my dl speed would go down, u get wut im sayin? ne 1 kno if this is true?
::EDIT::
well i found that for Insight Broadband Plus, your upload speed is 512k, thats 64 kilobytes per sec or 0.0625 megabytes per sec, im pretty sure i did my math right, scratch paper isnt as good as a calc, but i think thats right.
my reasoning for that: 8kb(kilobit) = 1 kB(kilobyte) 1024 kB(kilobyte) = 1mB(megabyte)
so i did 512/8=64 64/1024=0.0625
patl411 wrote:
my reasoning for that: 8kb(kilobit) = 1 kB(kilobyte) 1024 kB(kilobyte) = 1mB(megabyte)

meybe im just confussed but i thought that it was 8 bits =1 byte 1024 bytes = 1 kilobyte 1024 Kilobyte = a meg
thats true, but internet speed is measured in kilobits or megabits, not just bits
Yeah, Pat's right about that.
hey ! this is off subject but if u complai about it i can easilly make it on subject Very Happy!! ever1 should check out my new module i made for my site http://patech.tk!! its called Hardware Projects, the link will be on the left with all the other modules. ill be updating the files on my site every few min. Smile tell me wut u think.

how could i make this on topic u ask? well, im going to be putting my comp in there soon Very Happy
I see. All that's there now is a Evil or Very Mad Mad cheating Evil or Very Mad device... Laughing

Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours