Doors CS 7: 3 app pages, 49KB. Is this ok?
Yes, I have the space, provided you make the feature set worth it.
 91%  [ 41 ]
No, even with the features I can't afford three app pages.
 8%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 45

1) Yeah, working on that
2) KK
3) C'mon, don't give up *that* easily! I didn't say I won't do it, I just need to weigh ROM wear against the convenience of persistent folders.
KermMartian wrote:
I just need to weigh ROM wear against the convenience of persistent folders.

...against the laziness of not coding it in as a user-changeable option. Razz
Kerm, just let me know if i can help at all, even though i suck at pretty much everything your doing.
Svakk wrote:
Kerm, just let me know if i can help at all, even though i suck at pretty much everything your doing.

Good Idea
Svakk wrote:
Well, I'll always need tons of beta-testers. Smile I'll keep everyone posted on how it's going, I hope I can get myself motivated to get some solid coding in.
KermMartian wrote:
Svakk wrote:
Well, I'll always need tons of beta-testers. Smile I'll keep everyone posted on how it's going, I hope I can get myself motivated to get some solid coding in.

K Sounds Good
I'd like to beta test, I've got plenty of free time this summer.
I'd like to volunteer to beta test too! I'll even write you a comprehensive report on it Very Happy
*has way too much free time better spent on his own projects*
Awesome to all of you, now I just need to write some code for you all to test. Smile One of these days when I finished some academic charts and graphs I'm doing in my spare time I will actually get started.
I'll be beta testable upon my return to civilization.
elfprince13 wrote:
I'll be beta testable upon my return to civilization.
Yeah, you've been afk a lot lately, what's the deal? Hiking in the foothills of the Andes or something?
On the "Appalachian Trail", Kerm. Or so says his representative.
yoman82 wrote:
On the "Appalachian Trail", Kerm. Or so says his representative.
Sounds pretty shady if you ask me. Razz
Just so I don't lose these, a couple of suggestions from the DCS 7 Logo thread:

1) The options screen still sometimes doesn't un-check options
2) Like how DCS main menu has "DoorsCS6" on the side, could the alpha-click menu have an "options" side banner?
3) Have alpha menu say "unarchive" when brought up on an archived prog?
4) Updated, fancier default icons? (TI BASIC, ASM, MOS, ION, DCS)

:: Actually succeeding in extracting the tangled RunProg system for purposes of the entry point and of USB8x
:: Add homescreen execution hook (like NoShell)
:: Update dated nostub BASIC and ASM icons
:: Update the SDK
:: Everything else?

Icon editor?
Icon editor..? you mean for the TI BASIC ones? I thought we discussed we already had that covered =p
tifreak8x wrote:
Icon editor..? you mean for the TI BASIC ones? I thought we discussed we already had that covered =p
Oh ok, just checking that we were all set with that. Ignore that last item then, hence the ? on it. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Ignore that last item then, hence the ? on it. Smile

Yeah, it seems like a waste of time, since if you make a program it wouldn't be that big of a deal to add a few extra lines of code.
I really should take some time to go through the code again and make sure it is optimized, since I haven't touched it in a good long while.
Check out this idea I just had - what about the ability to pin programs to the taskbar, since I don't use it for much in between the DCS menu and the meters. Pin to Taskbar could be an option in the right click menu, and each program could either have a generic icon (if a generic program) or a tiny 5x5 icon (if it is a DCS7 program). Here's a mockup of the idea; is it a good one?

wow! that looks amazing!
do it!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 14
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours