Doors CS 7: 3 app pages, 49KB. Is this ok?
Yes, I have the space, provided you make the feature set worth it.
 91%  [ 41 ]
No, even with the features I can't afford three app pages.
 8%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 45

Regarding my run on DCS startup idea, I have a new plan:

Code:
Ans
"UDNA":Asm(prgmCODEX
prgmDNA
"ADNA":Asm(prgmCODEX
41:Asm(prgmOPTIONS
startTmr->T
Repeat checkTmr(T)=10 or getkey=105
End
DelVar T
42:Asm(prgmOPTIONS
"DOORSCS6":Asm(prgmRUNAPP

As you can see, it lets me run prgmDNA, my password protection program (which uses an ON-block), then runs DoorsCS6.2 (Which I will replace with 7 once it comes out). And, instead of having the 5400ish-byte program that is DNA in RAM, I Unarchive it just before running it, and Archive it just after. (And this is hidden from Doors, as DNA is).

(Edited to include my fool-proof Pause replacement)

(Edited again to "leave no trace")
I don't know if 83+ users could use the startTmr and checkTmr( commands...
Eeems wrote:
I don't know if 83+ users could use the startTmr and checkTmr( commands...

They can't, but I, having a 84+, can. I was showing Kerm that he didn't need to even think of programming the run-on-DCS-startup feature I suggested earlier.

Also, for 83+ users, you can use this:

Code:
Ans
"U(prgm-name)":Asm(prgmCODEX
prgm(prgm-name)
"A(prgm-name)":Asm(prgmCODEX
41:Asm(prgmOPTIONS
Pause
42:Asm(prgmOPTIONS
"DOORSCS6":Asm(prgmRUNAPP
*Bump*

Attempting to create JPEGs of what I think you mean by your response to my "Sidebar gadgets" idea, Kerm. Will post them when I make them. Also, my START bar icon is different then yours, check it out.

I don't hate it, but I gotta tell you that I'm rather fond of my little >> (rotate 90 deg CCW) icon. I look forward to seeing what you come up with for those pinned icons.
KermMartian wrote:
I don't hate it, but I gotta tell you that I'm rather fond of my little >> (rotate 90 deg CCW) icon. I look forward to seeing what you come up with for those pinned icons.

I just did that because it's similar to what Vista and 7 do. If you want, you could put your >> into an 8x8 circle.
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I just did that because it's similar to what Vista and 7 do. If you want, you could put your >> into an 8x8 circle.
I figured that's what it was. I might give that a try, the circle is indeed a classy touch. Or, I might make the existing >> button a little taller, maybe 2 px taller than the taskbar itself.

It should be self-explanatory.

The numbers are totally random (at least the free amounts are) and I might've gotten the font wrong.
Since the Arc is such a massive number, what about this?

RAM: 800/24K (3%)
ROM: 300K/491K (65%)
KermMartian wrote:

Sure, its ur call.

Edit: The batteries one would just say

Code:
Batt:  63%

Also, the second one, the date and time, should be up by this time Wednesday.
KermMartian wrote:
Same here.

I would also see DCS as a Windows impersonator if Kerm added a 7 instead of the CCW >>. I like the pop-up idea with the battery, memory and other things.
I think you can only accurately measure the battery level in terms of a number from 1 to 4. (bcall $5221)
Mapar007 wrote:
I think you can only accurately measure the battery level in terms of a number from 1 to 4. (bcall $5221)
Not even; the 83+ only offers "good" and "bad". However, you can cross-reference that with the contrast level, which is what the current DCS battery meter does, since you tend to gradually turn up your contrast as the voltage in your batteries drops to compensate.
KermMartian wrote:
Mapar007 wrote:
Not even; the 83+ only offers "good" and "bad". However, you can cross-reference that with the contrast level, which is what the current DCS battery meter does, since you tend to gradually turn up your contrast as the voltage in your batteries drops to compensate.

But I always keep it at 6.2 or 6.1, so my battery meter would be inacurate? Question

I wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Sure, its ur call.

Edit: The batteries one would just say

Code:
Batt:  63%

Also, the second one, the date and time, should be up by this time Wednesday.

But I lied; here it is, on Tuesday:
@Kerm, there is an unofficial bcall for measuring battery level from 1-4. I've tested it on the 84+, and it actually works and is fairly accurate. Don't know if it exists on the 83+, though.

Its equate is $5221.
Mapar007 wrote:
@Kerm, there is an unofficial bcall for measuring battery level from 1-4. I've tested it on the 84+, and it actually works and is fairly accurate. Don't know if it exists on the 83+, though.

Its equate is $5221.
That's what I was saying, it doesn't exist on the 83+/SE series. I've been meaning to add it for the 84+/SE for some time, though, I should add that to my DCS7 to-do list.
1. ASM library.
2. Actually succeeding in extracting the tangled RunProg system for purposes of the entry point and of USB8x
3. Add homescreen execution hook (like NoShell)
4. Update dated nostub BASIC and ASM icons
5. Update the SDK
6. Everything else?
7. Remove CALCnet2 and gCn
8. Folder saving
9. Pin-to-taskbar
10. Fixing the odd glitch that hides my last file
11. Allow Hide program/unhide all
12. The options screen still sometimes doesn't un-check options
13. Like how DCS main menu has "DoorsCS6" on the side, could the alpha-click menu have an "options" side banner?
14. Have alpha menu say "unarchive" when brought up on an archived prog?
15. Changing about screen to pop up window?
16. Removing restart function
17. RAM>ROM backup (I personally don’t agree), at least, when your doing group handling)
18. Error messages crash?
19. Update the SDK
20. xLib/Celtic compatibility library (or is that the ASM library mentioned above?)
21. chaining, if necessary
22. Option to sort programs by most recently used (again, I don’t agree.)
23. TabFuncSE2
24. Clock in sidebar
25. Memory info on memory indicator hover
26. hide Omnicalc fonts
27. add bcall $5221 as a TI-84 only option.
28. (from the IS>( and DS<( thread) parser hook: replace IS>( and DS<( with inc and dec.
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
[list of things I need to do]
Thanks Xeno, quite helpful. I look forward to diving into Doors CS very soon, once I get to a certain set of milestones with my Master's thesis.
Mapar007 wrote:

Its equate is $5221.

If it's unofficial, don't use it, 'cuz then it won't work on the N-Spire.
ZagorNBK wrote:
Mapar007 wrote:

Its equate is $5221.

If it's unofficial, don't use it, 'cuz then it won't work on the N-Spire.
Well, TI officially put it in the OS though. It would probably work.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 11 of 14
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours