The lighting kit that's part of 1.5 doubles the intensity of the light that's used for the same values. I've gone in and fixed this (terrain for now, doing the interiors tomorrow), so all old maps should look correct now, instead of all washed out. For comparison, my fixed version is on the left.

Awesome. now fix particle light
YOU MEAN on the right
sswb1 wrote:
YOU MEAN on the right
No, he means on the left. See how everything looks brighter and the colours look blown out on the right? He fixed the lighting so everything had better contrast.

On the right that black is grey and green is a light green, whereas the left is black and a normal looking grass-green.

Take note;
elfprince13 wrote:

The lighting kit that's part of [version] 1.5 doubles the intensity of the light that's used for the same values. I've gone in and fixed this
I think the top right screen has better lighting than the top left...
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new, but the bottom left is better than the bottom right.
foamy3 wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new, but the bottom left is better than the bottom right.

And bl->br we lose texture detail. tl->tr we don't, and it would be entirely possible to achieve the tr effect by playing with map-specific settings. We couldn't have achieved the bl effect starting with br by playing with map specific settings (it just got desaturated and grey looking), and there are far more maps with a dramatic improvement than maps with slight-disimprovement. Every single who person who's played the demo has complained about it being overly bright.
Ooooh, those look awesome. Smile I might actually care enough to implement a good train system in this version with maps that look that nice, provided the brick limit is much higher.
KermMartian wrote:
Ooooh, those look awesome. Smile I might actually care enough to implement a good train system in this version with maps that look that nice, provided the brick limit is much higher.

Not sure if this resource is private or not, but something resembling PathShapes could do the trick. http://www.garagegames.com/community/resources/view/4849

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours