Sure as hell should be able to. Maybe some wing animations?
Quote:
Eeems wrote:
can it fly?

Imaginary: Yes.
Realistic: No way.

Ever seen DBZ?
Eeems: what would be the point of making a dragon that couldn't fly?

CyberPrime wrote:
Sure as hell should be able to. Maybe some wing animations?

Wing, arms, tail, head.

[edit]

well what about those dragons who couldn't fly....
Eeems wrote:
well what about those dragons who couldn't fly....

They aren't available as a Lego piece Wink
true....

Nice job so far, Elfprince Smile
But will it breathe fire and eat people?
Haha, I don't think that would be too hard, actually. Maybe that will be an admin ability or something. Ohh, new idea for a minigame.
Whoa, that looks very polygonally complexicated. What's the vertex, face, and triangle count?
KermMartian wrote:
Whoa, that looks very polygonally complexicated. What's the vertex, face, and triangle count?

1000 verts, 1500 polys (that's including the tail I just built, which is also now wagging-capable).

as for weaponization, I'm thinking fire breathing will be the main combat ability, but add a trigger for chomping too. I don't really want to make a neck animation though, since I'm limited to 30 keyframes...we'll see how it goes.

[edit]

and we have liftoff.

[edit2]
done, just need to do the arm animations + the bounding box.

wow that looks amazing!! almost exactly like the real lego dragon!
yea, really good stuff man. Can't wait to see it in action.
Excellent modeling job there, Elfprince; I am looking forward to playing this in-game. Smile
KermMartian wrote:

You've been working with crappy engines and games built off of them for far too long. Single character/object poly counts are as high as 100,000 polys in some games - and that is in video games running on video cards that are 2 or 3 generations old.

PGR 3 (released in 2005 for 360) averaged 96,000 polygons *per car*, and that isn't exactly a cutting edge engine either.
Yeah, it's not the poly count that fries Torque (assuming your collision meshes are reasonable), it's the object count.
I dunno, I've run into some pretty freaky failures in Torque working with a vehicle that had about 30K polys instead of the <500 polys some of my earliest vehicles had. That was Torque 1.2, though, so it's possible it's quantity of fail has been significantly decreased since then.
KermMartian wrote:
I dunno, I've run into some pretty freaky failures in Torque working with a vehicle that had about 30K polys instead of the <500 polys some of my earliest vehicles had. That was Torque 1.2, though, so it's possible it's quantity of fail has been significantly decreased since then.

Torque has improved leaps and bounds since 1.2.....(1.4 wasn't even that new when I started playing Blockland 4 years ago).
With TBM we were working with 1.2 from the very beghinning though, were we not?
KermMartian wrote:
With TBM we were working with 1.2 from the very beghinning though, were we not?

right, meaning we were working with ancient tech (even for the time).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours