I'm gonna go cry in the corner now...
That's massively better than what I get at home. Stupid Time Warner limits my upload to 50KBps, aka 400Kbps, and around 8-9Mbps download.
I really am not surprised.

Ashbad wrote:

Grade: F. Sad That's fairly depressing; is that your wired internet connection?
elfprince13 wrote:

Beat your upload, and ping Razz

Check the server - my ping was to a server 400 miles away. The closest server gives me a 3ms ping.

Here is an updated speedtest using the closest server (which beats your upload, too Razz):

And here it is being used to download something:

EDIT: Oh, and here is my home connection:
Kllrnohj wrote:

Here is an updated speedtest using the closest server (which beats your upload, too Razz):

I should have mentioned that I was on a 100Mbit Ethernet connection Wink I probably would have done better in one of the academic buildings where I'm pretty sure they have Gigabit connections and I wouldn't have been pushing the limits of the LAN to try and test the Internet connection.
This is my school's:

At first I was aghast at those upside-down numbers, but I now realize that makes sense if the same connection is used for hosting their official website.

At school, I would have better but I am on wifi, we actually get about 70 down and 7 up even though we are promised only 50 down 5 up.
KermMartian wrote:
Ashbad wrote:

Grade: F. Sad That's fairly depressing; is that your wired internet connection?

mine is wireless, but the lowest level of speed that puts it apart from dial-up, which I had up until 2 years ago. with dial-up, I used to get ~.02 MBs. My internet is slow, but I honestly can't usually tell unless I download something big or I watch netflix (yay interrupts in the middle of the action scenes every 3 minutes)

EDIT: and glenn, it seems as though we live only ~20 miles apart from where you pinged (you pinged within 2 miles of me... Laughing)
Wired home connection, could use better upload, by a lot though.

and then for pingtest:
And now from home

Same ISP, very different plan though, still on wifi though, below is a test once I wired myself to my home router

I think by router may actually be the bottleneck at home, at school it is not even once wired our router is rated for 2.8Gbps firewall throughput and we are not running the web proxy right now.
*bump*

Recently moved and switched to Comcast Business (not that residential crap Wink ). Here's what I'm getting now:

And pingtest:

hehe, I have an excellent connection..

Mad

Exactly what my plan is supposed to be.
yay. We currently have a 3G hotspot, but we might be getting a 4G hotspot soon.

wow. that is very slow spyro.

Meh, it's okay. At home, my speeds are wildly unstable. I've measured them going from about 12 MB/S to .01 MB/S in the same day.

Meh.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 11 of 12
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours