Wireless sucks.
QuinnZhao wrote:
Wireless sucks.

Not always... plus it makes browsing on one's phone a lot less frustrating.
rthprog wrote:
QuinnZhao wrote:
Wireless sucks.

As opposed to what, not having wireless data transmission and have to carry around a very long cable with your phone?
KermMartian wrote:
rthprog wrote:
QuinnZhao wrote:
Wireless sucks.

As opposed to what, not having wireless data transmission and have to carry around a very long cable with your phone?

You mean gCn for phones? Rolling Eyes
Hey, gCn can be wireless if you really need it to be. Very Happy
I believe QuinnZhao is referring to WiFi...
QuinnZhao wrote:
Wireless sucks.

The wireless network in my apartment is 300 Mbit in the 5ghz range (meaning no interference). Sounds to me like you got crappy wireless Razz
I was at a LAN party 2 nights ago and everyone insisted we just use wireless instead of pulling out a hub. It worked, though. There were only 6 of us, but there was no lag, so it isn't that bad.
I don't understand why people have LAN parties.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

Because most everyone has dial-up where I live...

This is my mom's house during peak useage hours so its not the best I've seen it at. I'd do one from my dad's house but my network card driver is haveing issues and large files like the one used in the test cause it to randomly disconnect.

@LAN party comments: Plus when you do LAN parties you can split the cost of pizza and beverages of your choice.

Edit: and I second Kllrnohj comment QoS does rock, I have an old celeron setup as a home server/torrentflux box down stairs and its has been real nice to have.
TheStorm wrote:

@LAN party comments: Plus when you do LAN parties you can split the cost of pizza and beverages of your choice.

Word.
Perhaps he was referring more to satellite "high speed" internet? That would make a little bit more sense in context, seeing how even 802.11b is faster than the numbers he posted.
elfprince13 wrote:
Perhaps he was referring more to satellite "high speed" internet? That would make a little bit more sense in context, seeing how even 802.11b is faster than the numbers he posted.

He's referring to his WiFi; he has cable broadband.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

Its simple, really. People have LAN parties because they are fun - at least for people who want to actually leave their parent's basement on occasion Razz
Kllrnohj wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

Its simple, really. People have LAN parties because they are fun - at least for people who want to actually leave their parent's basement on occasion Razz

But that's a lot of equipment to lug out of Mom's basement Laughing
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

But that's a lot of equipment to lug out of Mom's basement 0x5

Well, it's LAN party etiquette to only bring 1 monitor and no speakers (just headphones), so it isn't that bad.
foamy3 wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

Well, it's LAN party etiquette to only bring 1 monitor and no speakers (just headphones), so it isn't that bad.

Just a monitor and headphones? Sounds like not much is gonna happen then Laughing
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

Just a monitor and headphones? Sounds like not much is gonna happen then 0x5

Sorry, I meant for that to be a list of things not to bring, including a 2nd or 3rd monitor and speakers.

EDIT: At my apartment

EDIT: Wirelessly from my laptop 2 rooms from the router
With our new Wireless N router all the way across the house which is about 45feet diagonally:

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 12
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours