Four years ago now, I put together a throwaway project called Stannis Botratheon, modeled off the most admirable trait of my favorite grammarian, Stannis of the House Baratheon, First of His Name, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm. Specifically, Stannis was known for correcting other characters who incorrectly used "less" rather than "fewer".

This bot was intended to watch a subreddit (e.g., r/GameOfThrones), looking for posts that contain "less ". When it sees this sequence, it uses Spacy's NLP tools to scan for "less [noun]" in the given post, and for each instance, check to see if the noun is a NNS (plural, countable noun, rather than a singular noun or a mass noun like "water"). If it is, the bot responds to the Reddit post with:
Quote:
Fewer.

I am Stannis Botratheon, First of His Name. If I misbehave, please notify u/KermMartian.

Unfortunately, r/GameOfThrones apparently doesn't take kindly to bots, and that put a quick end to this bot equivalent of ****posting.
Please put this in SAX.
Michael0x18 wrote:
Please put this in SAX.

I second this. Evil or Very Mad

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours