here's a good place to start...

http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com
Hes right you guys that made no sense and i have hundreds of pages worth tutorials I [b]need[/b] the best ones not the crap i been finding
I wanna make a shell using just basic unless u have a simple way using assembly and basic
A Shell in BASIC? That's impractical even with BASIC Libraries such as XLib. Though completely possible, but not in 100% BASIC. You'd be better off using DCS.

And keep in mind about double posting, there's an "Edit" button for a reason Smile
The problem with making a shell in BASIC is that BASIC does not have any commands to access information about the VAT (including memory capacity and currently-available programs and variables) and no commands to execute programs on the calculator dynamically. If you have the user hard-code the names of the programs he/she has, then you can make something workable, but that's ugly, slow, inefficient, and a waste of your end-users' time.
steelersfan1693 wrote:
I wanna make a shell using just basic unless u have a simple way using assembly and basic

I would highly suggest trying something a little simpler, but if you still want to do it, you'll at least need ZLIST/PRGMLIST, and CODEX/xLib. It will be very difficult if this is your first major program....

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours