Test a program i've written on sourcecoder on my computer without transferring to my calc?
You'll need to download an emulator for and acquire a ROM of the calculator model you made the program for.
KeithJohansen wrote:
You'll need to download an emulator for and acquire a ROM of the calculator model you made the program for.
Commonly-used emulators are PindurTI, TiLeM, and WabbitEmu.
momosimo wrote:
Test a program i've written on sourcecoder on my computer without transferring to my calc?

I believe TI publishes an emulator that needs no ROM file. I believe it is included in their SDK, you can use that if you are on Windows. Unfortunately I believe they only have a Windows version.
I think you are talking about the TI Flash Debugger. It is certainly good for some things, but it is a little cumbersome and unresponsive, sometimes. In other words, great for testing hacks and such and not so great for games.

WabbitEmu is by far the best that I have ever tried, at least for my calculator models. It has excellent features and just the right interface.

ROMS can either be dumped from your calcuator (there are many programs -- often that come with the emulator -- to do this, but a search on TiCalc for a "rom dumper" could be useful as well), or can be downloaded from the internet. I don't think I'm allowed to tell you where to get one, but if you search on google for "your-calc-here ROM" I'm sure you will find something.
Personally, I have never been able to get a rom dumper to work with a USB-linked calculator, but there may be programs that work with those too, now. Either way, it's pretty simple to obtain a ROM.
Hmm. I tried a ROM dump program, but quickly found that it does not support my calculator, a TI-84 Plus SE.

Any suggestions?
you can find unmodified ROMs on the internet. Then just put stuff on them through the emulator.
momosimo wrote:
Hmm. I tried a ROM dump program, but quickly found that it does not support my calculator, a TI-84 Plus SE.

Any suggestions?
This should do the trick:

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/373/37341.html
KermMartian wrote:
KeithJohansen wrote:

Good emulators include PindurTI, TiLeM, and WabbitEmu. The commonly used emulator is VTI.
foamy3 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
KeithJohansen wrote:

Good emulators include PindurTI, TiLeM, and WabbitEmu. The commonly used emulator is VTI.
OK, emulators that I commonly use are PindurTI, TiLeM, and WabbitEmu because VTI is failsauce, and 3.0 alpha is even more fail.
Look, WabbitEmu is the best because it is just as easy and convenient as VTI, except that it actually works.
TiLem pretty much sucks from a usability point of view, so I just stick with WabbitEmu. It is probably one of the best emulators I have ever used for any system, ever.

Right up there with gold like nullDC and such.
Yeah, WabbitEmu is the best. And without any (or at least much) bugs. Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours