KermMartian wrote:
Yes, Hybrid (as per ticalc.org's example) gets grouped under BASIC, while ASM is for pure ASM.
But how can you ever be sure that an assembly program contains no traces of basic? It could use the basic parser, it could call basic functions, and it could even "unzip" a basic program from itself and execute it![/I don't know why I even bothered]
magicdanw wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Yes, Hybrid (as per ticalc.org's example) gets grouped under BASIC, while ASM is for pure ASM.
But how can you ever be sure that an assembly program contains no traces of basic? It could use the basic parser, it could call basic functions, and it could even "unzip" a basic program from itself and execute it![/I don't know why I even bothered]
lol, I'm not trying to do codical profiling or something. Smile By "Hybrid" I mean a BASIC program that uses XLib, Codex, Resource, etc. By "pure" I mean "the main component is compiled ASM programmed by the end programmer".
KermMartian wrote:
0x5, I'm not trying to do codical profiling or something. Smile By "Hybrid" I mean a BASIC program that uses XLib, Codex, Resource, etc. By "pure" I mean "the main component is compiled ASM programmed by the end programmer".

I thought that silly "0x5" thing was banned here. By you.

magicdanw wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

That used to be the only way to do things like "Input " and "Prompt " (get a BASIC program to do it for you), but now we know better.
brandonw wrote:
It's not banned - it's mandated! Just try typing lol.
magicdanw wrote:
brandonw wrote:
It's not banned - it's mandated! Just try typing lol.
One of my classmates and I actually invented that three summers ago - it's lol -> 101 -> 101b -> 0x5 for those unfamiliar.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours