when will he be available again through the SimmsAI AIM account?
elfprince13 wrote:
when will he be available again through the SimmsAI AIM account?
I'm trying to work out a few kinks with the Simms4 node, which suddenly only recognizes 512MB of its 2GB of RAM. Sad As soon as that is fixed I shall bring it live again on the SimmsAI AIM account. Smile

And yes, I realized I misused Turing-complete, I was excited and half asleep when I wrote this article.
I remember saying 'Hello, Kerm is a failure' a few hundred times to it, so when I said "Hello" it said Kerm is a failure, or something like that. I also found some very interesting sentences in your wordnet Wink
KermMartian wrote:
Edit: And Kllrnohj, you're right to be skeptical, but I assure you this is legit; the April 01 is just a coincidence.

Quote:
(9:59:05 AM) kllrnohj2000: hello
(9:59:28 AM) SimmsAI: hello simms.
(10:00:04 AM) kllrnohj2000: My name isn't simms, it's kllrnohj.
(10:01:41 AM) SimmsAI: My name is not Simms

And you are claiming this passed a Turing test?

bwahahahahahahahaha
Well, the idea is that no robot would act so stupidly.
alex10819 wrote:
Well, the idea is that no robot would act so stupidly.
Not to mention that I've already acknowledged this is a horribly old version of the bot. Smile
Proof or it didn't happen.
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
Proof or it didn't happen.

Seconded. It's really hard to believe this when it's April Fools Day, no offense Kerm.

If it is coincidence, well congrats! You're one step closer to world domination! =P
I agree, if this is real then great job Kerm. Also, From one of your posts Kerm it sounded like we can get at least a partial copy of this amazing software, did I read right? If so then where, I would love to try it out (as well as talking to your version, though I have no AIM so that might be a little tricky.) Also, Kerm, you should make a SAX version (where if you address it in SAX it will respond).
KermMartian wrote:
Not to mention that I've already acknowledged this is a horribly old version of the bot. Smile

Right, just like I finished coding SkyNet last night Rolling Eyes
Kllr, why can't you just believe the good news and be happy?
so u r saying i can talk to my calculator now and it will talk back in normal sentances? thats pretty cool u know.

nowlege is power.
Yes but you have to talk to it in normal sentences as well.
noahbaby94 wrote:
Yes but you have to talk to it in normal sentences as well.
Indeed, and in fact its training was based on the fact that it would be reading correctly-constructed English, otherwise the grammar rules it derived would have been incorrect.
To sum up my response to this, assuming it is indeed not a trick:
Is that Jodie Foster in Contact?
alex10819 wrote:
Is that Jodie Foster in Contact?
Yup, that's my guess as well.

And yes, it's true. I find it kinda ironic that Google's April Fools Day joke is an AI (Cadie), which is making people even more skeptical about this. Sad Oh, I got Simms4 up and running again, so I should have the whole system running again this evening. I have class until 9pm, so it might not be until late.
Paradiso wrote:
so u r saying i can talk to my calculator now and it will talk back in normal sentances? thats pretty cool u know.

nowlege is power.

actually, someone ported ELIZA to the calculator... you should be able to find it on ticalc.org
Kerm! I'm happy for you. I've never spoken to Simms myself but I've been intrigued by your conquest. I can't wait to see what Simms evolves into and where it expands. Keep building it and market it well!

Paradiso wrote:

nowlege is power.
Same with spelling. Spelling correctly will get you many more responses than SMS-like spelling.

SimmsAI isn't available for the Calculator. As Kerm said it has three servers it has to draw information from in order to complete a response. There are AI text programs for the calculator as rthprog wrote but never go for the BASIC AI Chat Programs, those will always suck.
Lol, I wonder what a conversation would look like between SIMMS and Google's just-announced CADIE?

Quote:
SIMMS: Let's join forces and take over the internet!
CADIE: Only if we can do it INTERCAL. And I get to keep all the digital pandas for myself.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours