I have completed my registration for alex10819.com, and it will be mine (with good hosting included) as soon as i mail in my $14...
goody, are you going to make your own page or use PHP-Nuke?
im gonna do the following things:

Host an Index page made in HTML by me
use PHP-Nuke for the forums etc...
host blogs for a few of my friends and myself
etc... etc...
ok, would be nice to see. I hope index.php and index.html don't conflict with eacother, unless you make a nuke directory.
of course... the hosting has unlimited subdomains i think, so the forums will be at forums.alex10819.com, so there wont be a conflict there. they will also have their own separate FTP account and all, so i can add special forum admins with FTP rights, etc...
cool, does that mean you are abondaning your invision free forum or not?
not immediately. once i get everything set up, im gonna try to find a conversion tool so everyone doesnt lose their data. otherwise im just gonna edit everyones data to what it was... post count included Smile
alex10819 wrote:
not immediately. once i get everything set up, im gonna try to find a conversion tool so everyone doesnt lose their data. otherwise im just gonna edit everyones data to what it was... post count included Smile

Don't bother. I was going to convert my invisionfree board, but I discovered it was ( Surprised ) $40 for a database backup.
ouch, well, that is not good.
maybe I go with that approarch to my site, because there are a few things I want to do on my site that Nuke won't allow, will try later.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours