My apologies in advance, but this is a notifier that Retail members might come over here and spam.
Yesterday, they attacked thebettermod.org and spammed the forum [which is fixed] and DDoS'ed the site. The relevant thread can be found here:
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=63688.0
Theres 17 pages of hate and foulness on content they found and blew out of proportion.
They openly admit to DDoS'ing and deleting the wikipage, so be on guard, as warned.
Best regards.
Elrune
elrunethe2nd wrote:
My apologies in advance, but this is a notifier that Retail members might come over here and spam.
Yesterday, they attacked thebettermod.org and spammed the forum [which is fixed] and DDoS'ed the site. The relevant thread can be found here:
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=63688.0
Theres 17 pages of hate and foulness on content they found and blew out of proportion.
They openly admit to DDoS'ing and deleting the wikipage, so be on guard, as warned.
Best regards.
Elrune

tl;dr: Kerm make a database backup soon.
Good to know, just putting it out there.
And do read my essay to Badspot. It took me ages to right that. Very Happy
On the other hand, it seems that they are correct in thinking that the TBM forums suck.

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with people at the TBM forums?
Kllrnohj wrote:
On the other hand, it seems that they are correct in thinking that the TBM forums suck.

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with people at the TBM forums?
Put simply, the majority of the IQ of a walnut. Even Elrune here seems to think right == write.
KermMartian wrote:
Even Elrune here seems to think right == write.

You mean to say that they aren't? Neutral
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Even Elrune here seems to think right == write.

You mean to say that they aren't? Neutral
lol. No offense intended to you, Elrune, and I appreciate the warning. I completed a fresh backup of the full site just in case of hanky-panky.
I'm sure some of them will be too stupid to use a proxy, lets see how many 12 year olds we can get disconnected from the Internet.
No, its funny, idm. I love my essays. lol
Its 21 pages now, and my latest essay can be found here:
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=63688.285
Calc84maniac has posted last, and shut everyone up, which is nice.
What bugs me is the way that Retailers twist, burn, cut and paste every argument to suit them. I make good arguments! :S
Quote:
Jesus those guys are retarded

I still think badspot shoulda made it so he could shut down blockland 0002's master server

and then later on, somebody is posting about how we don't know anything about the master server...

Quote:
They're just a bunch of fucks who think they know how Torque and its master server works.

And now they go and attack my mod on page 32...
Sorry if I missed something, what's with the focus on the master server?
KermMartian wrote:
Sorry if I missed something, what's with the focus on the master server?

point a) Blockland noobs advocate that Badspot should have been able to turn of the master server for blocklannd0002
point b) Blockland noobs claim *we* don't understand how master servers work

problems with this:
a) Badspot was using the garagegames master server *rolls eyes*
b) Scripts are freely available that will let you run your own master server and this setting can be changed in your preferences file
c) We also had IRC-lookup for servers
d) The fact that they made this claims would make it seem that they themselves have no knowledge of how the master server works.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours