A thread posted an hour ago on OTBP reminded me of the Microsoft Entertainment Package (MSEP), part of the Plus! disk for Windows 95 that contained awesome games like Chip's Challenge, Ski Free, and Jezzball. Did anyone else play those back in the day? I found some downloads for the games, but alas, they do not run on my x64 Vista ltimate. Sad
They were pretty much teh pwnsome pwny pwnageness.
Chip's Challenge FTW! I remember trying to "beat" Ski Free too. Whether you went down the hill or slowly climbed up it didn't matter. That monster ate you either way and there is NO escaping the Abominable Snow Monster of Doom Surprised

(Actually, according to Wiki you can. I just fail too hard at the art of not getting eaten Laughing )
You can get pretty close to him without him chasing you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OPBK5txGW4
KeithJohansen wrote:
Chip's Challenge FTW! I remember trying to "beat" Ski Free too. Whether you went down the hill or slowly climbed up it didn't matter. That monster ate you either way and there is NO escaping the Abominable Snow Monster of Doom Surprised

(Actually, according to Wiki you can. I just fail too hard at the art of not getting eaten 0x5 )
Same here; I was always very bad at that. :/ Oh, for the lazy, here's the Wikipedia entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ski_Free
KermMartian wrote:
A thread posted an hour ago on OTBP reminded me of the Microsoft Entertainment Package (MSEP), part of the Plus! disk for Windows 95 that contained awesome games like Chip's Challenge, Ski Free, and Jezzball. Did anyone else play those back in the day? I found some downloads for the games, but alas, they do not run on my x64 Vista ltimate. Sad

Try using dosbox. I wont post a link to get the games though since i think it is against the tos.
Yeah I have all four of the MW Ent Packs on a CD along with BOB's House if you guys remember that. I know it works on 32bit Vista and on a 32bit install of Wine under Linux. Alas my good comp is all 64 bit though i do plan on setting up a 32bit Xp install in a virtual machine soon. I install the ent packs on all of my 32bit computers and also have my favorites on my Flash drive. Smile Plus I can play chips challenge on my phone.
Hm this isn't the original but here is a clone of ski free: http://ski.ihoc.net/#download

and chips challenge:

http://takegame.com/arcade/htm/chipschallenge.htm
KeithJohansen wrote:

(Actually, according to Wiki you can. I just fail too hard at the art of not getting eaten 0x5 )

I'm pretty sure the version that came with Windows was a trial version, hence it was impossible to escape him in the version most played.
You BOUGHT Microsoft Bob? Wow. Evil or Very Mad
Kllrnohj wrote:
KeithJohansen wrote:

I'm pretty sure the version that came with Windows was a trial version, hence it was impossible to escape him in the version most played.

No, the version that came with Windows was a complete one (it really is that short; there aren't extra levels or anything like that.)
No I didn't buy Bob's House or the ent packs they came with a pc we got in 1996, a gateway2000 iirc.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours