Why not integrate Twitter and SAX? Make SAX twit about new posts. Not edits or login/outs though.
alex10819 wrote:
Why not integrate Twitter and SAX? Make SAX twit about new posts. Not edits or login/outs though.
That sounds like a plan. People should also be able to make SAX follow their tweets and have them show up in SAX.
KermMartian wrote:
That sounds like a plan. People should also be able to make SAX follow their tweets and have them show up in SAX.

Please no, I don't mind the first suggestion (though we have an RSS feed for a reason Rolling Eyes ), but I really don't want tweet-spam showing cluttering up my sax.
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Please no, I don't mind the first suggestion (though we have an RSS feed for a reason Rolling Eyes ), but I really don't want tweet-spam showing cluttering up my sax.
Agreed. New posts would be ideal but not tweets in SAX. People on the forum aren't interested in what anyone else is really doing, if they were they can get Twitter and follow us/certain people. Perhaps direct messages to Cemetech will show up in SAX; for what reason, I don't know.
Why not @cemetech or #cemetech? So anything about cemetech will show up in SAX
alex10819: That's a good idea. So why not just make it so any @cemetech or #cemetech messages show up in SAXs, and all new posts (not including edits) will be tweeted. I, obviously, wouldn't recommend device updates for it, though.
swivelgames wrote:
alex10819: That's a good idea. So why not just make it so any @cemetech or #cemetech messages show up in SAXs, and all new posts (not including edits) will be tweeted. I, obviously, wouldn't recommend device updates for it, though.
OK, sounds like a plan. I will figure out how to do this. Is there a tweet/hour limit, though?
I don't think so... If so I would've hit the limit already Laughing

I update my twitter way too much...
I don't think there is, with the exception of downtime.
alex10819 wrote:
I don't think there is, with the exception of downtime.
http://getsatisfaction.com/twitter/topics/what_happens_if_i_hit_a_twitter_limit:

Quote:
What are the limits?

We're starting with a few limits based on various parameters, and we'll be adding more as time goes on. We reveal some limits only when you reach them, and tell you about others in advance. Twitter applies limits to any person who reaches:

* 1,000 total updates per day, on any and all devices
* 250 total direct messages per day, on any and devices
* 70 API requests per hour
* Maximum number of follow attempts in a day

Follow limits are based on several things, one of which is our belief in a person's good standing and intention. The behind-the-scenes portion of follow limiting varies by account, relationship, and changes over time.

Based on current behavior in the Twitter community, we've concluded that this is both fair and reasonable. While we figure out what works best for everyone, the limits may change occasionally, but this is the nucleus and future limits will be based upon the success of these.

How will I be affected by the limits?

People using multiple API clients at once may see the per hour API request limit, as usual. Aside from that, most people will not be affected. If you do reach a limit, we'll let you know, and after 24 hours from the last action, the limit is automatically removed.
1000 updates in a day? Surely we don't have 1000 posts per day...
we might run into trouble with 70 API requests/hour though.
Maybe if we did it in batches? Update ever 5 minutes or so, that way we use 12 API calls per hour.
Definitely. Especially if it's going to check Twitter for @cemetech and #cemetech messages
swivelgames wrote:
Definitely. Especially if it's going to check Twitter for @cemetech and #cemetech messages
All I need to do is add it to the per-minute cron job that already runs, which isn't bad at all.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours