How much money are you willing to spend (in USD) to buy parts/tools for starting electronics?
Nothing; I am a cheap a.
 8%  [ 1 ]
$15+
 16%  [ 2 ]
$30+
 25%  [ 3 ]
$45+
 33%  [ 4 ]
$60+
 0%  [ 0 ]
$75+
 0%  [ 0 ]
$90+
 0%  [ 0 ]
Money is no object to me
 16%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Sorry about not updating this; based on everyone's current level of expendable cash (including my own), I've had to put this off for a few months; hopefully after I get some $$$ for the fall I'll be able to pick this up again Smile

My expendable cash for stuff like this has jumped to probably $100-150 or so, yay for a real job!
I hope no one will miss the SX processors; I just got an e-mail from Digi-Key stating that Parallax has discontinued the SX28 :/

EDIT: It's actually the whole SX line.
Here's some more interesting news: the ATmega8 is now no longer recommended for new designs; instead, the ATmega8A should be used.

Link
http://dx.com/p/diy-1-4w-resistance-metal-film-resistors-blue-1200-pcs-208230

i bought these and they are just fine Smile i also bought jumperwires a breadboard and assorted other things there. relatively cheap, no shipping and fine quality.

i think i spent around 30 dollars now for these bits and bobs, as i had some stuff lying around already.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 6 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours