I just want to remind everyone that your entries for the sixth Cemetech programming contest are due this evening by midnight EST (11pm CST, 10pm MST, 9pm PST, etc), to conaast@cemeaach.net, where the 'aa's are both replaced with 'te'. We are accepting BASIC, hybrid BASIC, and pure ASM entries, although note that hybrid entries will be judged with and against the ASM entries. For this contest, our judges are Kerm Martian and The Tari; as some people asked and we confirmed, we will be pooling our individual votes to decide on the final winners, and first, second, and third-place winners will hopefully receive as-yet undisclosed prizes. Judging results will also be posted, and all entries (pending the authors' permissions) will be uploaded to the Cemetech archives. Authors are welcome to upload to ticalc.org as well, and I have indeed been informed that some have already done so. A reminder on what a valid entry comprises:

:: An original, previously-unpublished and unreleased program written by the author submitting the program by him or herself (or with a small team, as long as the whole team is credited). If the author has sought specific help about their program online or in some public online or offline setting, that entry is invalid.

:: A zip file sent to the above email address by the deadline listed, including at least the specified program for the TI-83 and/or TI-83/TI-84+ line along with a plaintext readme file. If a shell or kernel is required to run the program, or if it has any other external software or hardware dependencies, this should be noted in the readme. It is not necessary and in fact is discouraged to include any shells or third-party programs in the ZIP (exceptions are hybrid support libraries like Codex, Celtic, and XLib).

Good luck to all who have entered and all who still plan to enter. Thus far we have received entries from A.S., J.S., M.P., K.H., J.R., and A.T. If your initials are not in that list, please contact Kerm Martian or The Tari as soon as possible. Entries will be graded and winners announced within the next few days.
Any results?
Hehehe...
I still haven't done anything with those entries. If anyone feels inclined, poke me this weekend to get it done. I have no idea how much Kerm has done, but it's more than I have.
You promised you would get this done at least a week or two ago. I've bothered Kerm several times on IM and I get the same response you just gave.

If you keep doing this, no one's going to bother with future contests.

Finish it, please.
The Tari wrote:
Hehehe...
I still haven't done anything with those entries. If anyone feels inclined, poke me this weekend to get it done. I have no idea how much Kerm has done, but it's more than I have.
I've done all but one; I'm having problems getting the final one to load into any emulator. Tari, get on it!!
KermMartian wrote:
I've done all but one; I'm having problems getting the final one to load into any emulator.

Which one is that?
ZagorNBK wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
I've done all but one; I'm having problems getting the final one to load into any emulator.

Which one is that?
One of the hybrid BASIC/ASM ones refuses to load. I'm working on it.
If you haven't already, send a PM to the author.
Shock The tension is killing me...
quigibo wrote:
Shock The tension is killing me...
I have been nagging Tari daily, hopefully we'll have results soon. Smile Eventually I might just go on my grading, if no one minds.
KermMartian wrote:
quigibo wrote:
Shock The tension is killing me...
I have been nagging Tari daily, hopefully we'll have results soon. Smile Eventually I might just go on my grading, if no one minds.


I think you've taken so long that most people don't care anymore.
If Tari still hasn't finished, why not leave it to Kerm to decide the winners?
ZagorNBK wrote:
If Tari still hasn't finished, why not leave it to Kerm to decide the winners?
I'm fine with that if no one else minds.
KermMartian wrote:
ZagorNBK wrote:
If Tari still hasn't finished, why not leave it to Kerm to decide the winners?
I'm fine with that if no one else minds.


No one else minds...so finish it already.
brandonw wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
ZagorNBK wrote:
If Tari still hasn't finished, why not leave it to Kerm to decide the winners?
I'm fine with that if no one else minds.


No one else minds...so finish it already.
OK good, I will post my results tomorrow morning, then, just in case Tari follows through on grading tonight like he said he might.
I don't mind, but my opinion is of no importance since I'm not in the competition.
Will_W wrote:
I don't mind, but my opinion is of no importance since I'm not in the competition.


Excellent post!
KermMartian wrote:
brandonw wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
ZagorNBK wrote:
If Tari still hasn't finished, why not leave it to Kerm to decide the winners?
I'm fine with that if no one else minds.


No one else minds...so finish it already.
OK good, I will post my results tomorrow morning, then, just in case Tari follows through on grading tonight like he said he might.


"Tomorrow morning" has come and gone, so you've missed your own deadline yet again.
brandonw wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
brandonw wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
ZagorNBK wrote:
If Tari still hasn't finished, why not leave it to Kerm to decide the winners?
I'm fine with that if no one else minds.


No one else minds...so finish it already.
OK good, I will post my results tomorrow morning, then, just in case Tari follows through on grading tonight like he said he might.


"Tomorrow morning" has come and gone, so you've missed your own deadline yet again.
Yup, had a tiny midterm exam. My mistake. Smile
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement