i have a ti 84+SE and i have doors cs. I can only get some programs to work but most dont, like mario 1.2, and donkey kong. I got z tetris,invalid tangram DE, pongMOS, and phoenix mirage os to work using doorscs(which works the best for me). when i try to run one something like mario 1.2 or duckhunt (all from ticalc.org) i get a basic syntax error. For some reason they show up as basic...i have 23319 ram free, and 84040 arc free
-thanks Graphing Calculator Question
well for Mario you could use 2.0, which works fine for me, so does duckhunt. so if your calc's memory is fine and also you get a syntax error, maybe the programs are 83 and not 84+ SE, if not then I'm not sure, i use a 83+
tnx for replying so quickly but mario 2.0 doesnt work either Confused
maybe you should try resending doors CS, but maybe you should ask Kerm, he might know, maybe its that your calc is a SE not a normal +, might be differences in assembly code support or something
Ok, I have to jump in here because neither of you is on the right track.

I didn't want to say anything until I had a real suggestion, but I see this all the time, and it has something to do with the way the OS decides if the program should be executed as assembly or parsed as basic. I think in mirage there was even an option for "locking" and "unlocking" a file that could toggle this back and forth. I don't know about DCS, and I'm not even sure if that setting would work if the program was messed up from the start.

Oh, also, what linking program are you using? There might be something weird you could try with that...
Make sure it was a .8xp file and not a .83p file.
From your description I am 99% sure that what Calc84maniac said is correct. I think you have accidentally loaded some TI-83 (not TI-83+ / TI-84+) programs. Are you sure you loaded .8xp or .8xg files, not .83p or .83g?
yes i am sure
Ganonman wrote:
yes i am sure
Could you unlock and unarchive the ASM programs with Doors CS and look at them in the BASIC editor, and tell me about the first line or two of each?
Are you sure that you are using the latest version of DCS?
What other apps with hooks do you have on the calc?
alright, mario 2.0 starts off like:
Confused0)SFull+DegreeAnsrandM(MFloat≠randM(Func2CubicReg 0Plot2(Fix Pxl-Change(sum(mean(Plot2(cosh(DMS▫tanh( nPr πElseKxyLinecosh(augment(Scattertanh(fPart(sum(:9DrawInv mean(fnInt(√([tanh(PDrawInv [Xtanh(PDrawInv :{·OScatter and randM(⌊:Ptanh(9DrawInv mean(Pcosh()rowSwap(DMStanh({rand )°}tanh({rand )solve()tanh({rand DispTablemean(StorePic Vertical )round(max(tanh({rand ClrHome)mean(tanh({rand ) tanh({rand )min(1tanh({rand tanh(NormalDrawF ElseKmean(augment(ln() and Text(tanh(^(sum([ and mean(Plot1(ZStandardcos(DispTableDispTablemean()P nCr DMSSortD(Plot2(–ClrHome)4FnOn Plot2(–tanh(LinReg(ax+b)sum([tanh(cosh(–tanh(Mπcosh(≠ClrHome^(fMax(row+(:DependAskFor(DMS?...

the face at the begining in because i typed : ?
Because I forget what BB:6D works out to be in tokens, can someone tell me if that's the valid start for a TI-83+ program?
I'd guess it's valid. BB seems to be, anyway (t2ByteTok). A quick search of an include file I had laying around didn't show any useful equates for 6D, though, so I can't be sure.
Nope, just ran mario.8xp and mario.83p through SourceCoder, and you, sir, have the TI-83 version. Sorry. Smile

Edit: And sidebar, SourceCoder is HILARIOUS when it tries to colorize syntax and optimize an ASM program.
Im sure i use mario.8xp, though
Ganonman wrote:
Im sure i use mario.8xp, though

Well it's not try resending the other file.
KermMartian wrote:
Because I forget what BB:6D works out to be in tokens, can someone tell me if that's the valid start for a TI-83+ program?

It *should* be AsmPrgm
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

It *should* be AsmPrgm
No, that's only if it has the code in ASCII hexidecimal. BB:6D should look like a "?" (though a lot of other tokens look like that as well).
KermMartian wrote:
Nope, just ran mario.8xp and mario.83p through SourceCoder, and you, sir, have the TI-83 version. Sorry. Smile

Edit: And sidebar, SourceCoder is HILARIOUS when it tries to colorize syntax and optimize an ASM program.

I know it it cuts it out then pretty much puts the same thing right back in, lol
Just to repeat what I said in case it got lost in the mess, the tokens in your version match the TI-83 version, not the TI-83+ version. Either you misread something or someone mislabeled something. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours