http://www.phunland.com/wiki/Home

This is quite possibly the most fun you can possibly have on a computer for free. It's a sandbox game, which primarily deals with primitives(though you can draw your own custom shapes too) so I figured this was the most appropriate section for it.

Also elf, if you're paying attention, they have a 3D physics engine too if you want to take a look at that.

I've had this for years and still haven't explored all the functions and variables.
Do you know if the collision prediction/resolution algorithm in the physics engine is discrete or continuous?
no idea
One of the biggest problems with TGE and the reason vehicles were/are so unstable is the use of discrete collision algorithms that simply aren't suited to the wide variability in use they were subject to.
It looks continuous to me, judging by how things react. For fun, here's a video of Phun:

Not to be a party pooper, but Duplicate Topic!

It's a fun "game," but I wish I had spent more time playing with it. I still have it installed but never play it.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Not to be a party pooper, but Duplicate Topic!

It's a fun "game," but I wish I had spent more time playing with it. I still have it installed but never play it.
Whoa, good catch on the dupe! This reminds me lot of a venerable old program called Interactive Physics that I had just about infinite fun with in high school:

http://www.design-simulation.com/ip/index.php

It looks like the latest versions sold out and are more explicitly curriculum-centric, but when I was messing with it it allowed a lot of fun exploration and some entertaining failures on occasion.
KermMartian wrote:
It looks continuous to me, judging by how things react. For fun, here's a video of Phun:

What are you using as distinguishing characteristics? Plenty of smooth-looking physics simulations take place by way of discrete calculations (i.e. ODE) if the scene components are within certain constraints.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours