Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
Kllrnohj wrote:
DShiznit wrote:
I stand corrected, but what if you were that person on a space-station, but with a really hot woman with you? Realistically being the last man alive with the last woman alive is the only way I could possibly lose my virginity anyway.


Except you don't stand a chance in hell of making it to a space station.

But ignoring that minor detail, if she is there it means she is smart (since NASA doesn't spend millions and billions to send up playboy models for astronauts). That means she would easily realize that there is no chance in hell of achieving a sustainable population from two people. Despite what the bible might claim, that just won't work. Two generations or so of incest is more than enough to lead to a host of genetic deficiencies and other complications, let alone a hundred generations.

but don't forget that Adam and Eve had perfect DNA, it worked then but it wont any more our DNA has degraded too far. after all how else would we be here if there wasn't someone to start us off??
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_Evolution
Wow, your complete lunacy actually made a lurker [s]register[/s] post just to respond. Nice.
jbr wrote:
Wow, your complete lunacy actually made a lurker [s]register[/s] post just to respond. Nice.


Don't you mean Lunarcy? this fantasy could easily occur on a moonbase in the future, which would also most likely have a farming system of some sort, covering that "running out of food" loophole.

Mmmm, maybe, since I'm not doing anything anyway, I should write an erotic science-fiction novel that explores this situation, just to see if it sells...
there are so many holes in the Theory of evolution that it isn't even funny. Also if man came from apes you would logically assume that there wasn't that many apes to start off with, so there would have to be holes in their DNA code. and the chances of apes having pure DNA let alone life evolving from some primordial soup are so slim that they pretty much are null
jbr wrote:
Wow, your complete lunacy actually made a lurker [s]register[/s] post just to respond. Nice.

well i only joined a few days ago so mise well respond sometime Smile
You are so retarded it's not even funny. Evolution does have holes, but every other proposed theory either is a great big giant hole, or is complete lunacy. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology
DShiznit wrote:
You are so retarded it's not even funny. Evolution does have holes, but every other proposed theory either is a great big giant hole, or is complete lunacy. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology

its just evolutions got more than most, and the bible isn't a theory, its got too much evidence to prove it, especially because it corresponds with so many other beliefs of ancient races.
sorry im not trying to push my beliefs on you or anything
jbr wrote:
There are so many holes in the Theory of gravity that it's not even funny. If stuff just always went towards other stuff, why wouldn't your head be stuck up your <font color=red>censored</font>?

Come on, don't be an idiot. If you are being serious, I don't think you fully understand just what evolution is. It has absolutely nothing to do with "man coming from apes."

sorry for being that general, though i do think i did mention the primordial soup in there, but yes there is also the big bang, and then natural selection. the chances of any of those happening are so low that evolution shouldn't even be as big as it is.
Find a more plausible, fact-based explanation for the existance of mankind, I fuckin dare you. Now I am by no means saying that there's no God, or that God didn't create the Universe. Personally I like Family Guy's explanation, but that's because I like fart jokes. Anyway, how things happen or how things work isn't something that can or should be answered by faith. Faith is about why things happen, and why things work. Why we're here, and why we are the way we are. Science more than takes care of the "how."
maybe i should have an argument about faith as my first few posts on the forum. Could give me a bad rep.
You are adressing two issues, here:
First, the anthropic prinicple. If the universe were incapable of producing us, how could we ask the question if it were capable or not? (Because if it weren't, we wouldn't be here.)
And Second, the fact that evolution is all about probability. Even though each mutation is equally likely (and occurs equally frequently), only the beneficial ones will result in organisms that produce viable offspring.

Anyway, I'm not sure how you reach the conclusion that evolution is less likely than God manipulating DNA.
By the way, I don't believe that evolution and God are mutually exclusive. The laws of physics (and more fundementally, the laws of logic) are so perfect and complete that it seems to me to be exactly the sort of thing God would create. If He lays down elegant rules for a system, the outcome is sure to be equally impressive (i.e., the universe as it is today).

EDIT: DAMNIT, stop ninja'ing me, guys!
i didn't say that god was manipulating DNA, i said that he created it
jbr wrote:
The laws of physics (and more fundementally, the laws of logic) are so perfect and complete that it seems to me to be exactly the sort of thing God would create. If He lays down elegant rules for a system, the outcome is sure to be equally impressive (i.e., the universe as it is today).


Amen.
DShiznit wrote:
Amen.
Seconded. Well put jbr Razz

EDIT: Eeems, theres an EDIT button, please use it. Thanks. Smile
Eeems wrote:
its just evolutions got more than most, and the bible isn't a theory, its got too much evidence to prove it, especially because it corresponds with so many other beliefs of ancient races.
sorry im not trying to push my beliefs on you or anything


Correct, the bible isn't a theory, its a WORK OF FICTION. Not a single thing in the bible has turned out to be true - not one. There is *NO* evidence to support adam and eve or the way the bible says it. Hell, the way the bible says it has long since been *proven wrong*. The dinosaurs pretty much single handedly completely demolish the way the bible describes it. Also, the bible corresponds with other ancient beliefs because it was TAKEN from other ancient beliefs. All modern religious holidays were chosen to take place around pagan holidays.

Oh, and GRAVITY IS ALSO "JUST A THEORY" Trying to say that the theory of evolution shouldn't be believe because its just a "theory" just shows how little you know about scientific process Rolling Eyes

And what are these "holes" in the theory of evolution?
Also theory in science means something totally different than in regular talk a theory is something tested over and over and have been proven to be true.
lol, no school again today...

Ice everywhere! Smile
noahbaby94 wrote:
Also theory in science means something totally different than in regular talk a theory is something tested over and over and have been proven to be true.


You can never scientifically prove something true, hence it is a theory.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Eeems wrote:
its just evolutions got more than most, and the bible isn't a theory, its got too much evidence to prove it, especially because it corresponds with so many other beliefs of ancient races.
sorry im not trying to push my beliefs on you or anything


Correct, the bible isn't a theory, its a WORK OF FICTION. Not a single thing in the bible has turned out to be true - not one. There is *NO* evidence to support adam and eve or the way the bible says it. Hell, the way the bible says it has long since been *proven wrong*. The dinosaurs pretty much single handedly completely demolish the way the bible describes it. Also, the bible corresponds with other ancient beliefs because it was TAKEN from other ancient beliefs. All modern religious holidays were chosen to take place around pagan holidays.

Oh, and GRAVITY IS ALSO "JUST A THEORY" Trying to say that the theory of evolution shouldn't be believe because its just a "theory" just shows how little you know about scientific process Rolling Eyes

And what are these "holes" in the theory of evolution?

almost every ancient culture on earth has a flood story. so that has to be true. also if you dig down enough like they have in some ancient cities there will be a layer of water smoothed earth, then more of the city. and dinosaurs do not completely destroy the bible because before the flood creatures would have grown to be bigger than they are now because of the perfect climate at the time. the holidays are the fault of the catholic church who were trying to get rid of the pagan beliefs. also the bible cant be a work of fiction because of how well it corresponds with other historical texts. also many other of the ancient beliefs came after the Jewish beliefs. the Greeks are a new culture compared to the Jews. the new testament on the other hand was written by separate people and in separate places, mostly as letters to the wrest of the church, yet they all work together. then there is the dust on the moon thing that scientists said would completely disprove creation, what happened then? the dust proved that the world was around 6 thousand years old, not a few million
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 21
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement