I may be submitting a program, I have a few idea's and I'll see where they take me. Could the program be written for the 86 or must it be 83/84 only? Also I'm not sure if I will use basic asm or both.
I don't see anything in these rules, nor the general contest rules, where entries have to be new. Does this mean I can actually submit my Money Manager?

I'm not counting on the odds that I can submit, just figure this should be clarified.
some18kanal0n3 wrote:
I don't see anything in these rules, nor the general contest rules, where entries have to be new. Does this mean I can actually submit my Money Manager?

I'm not counting on the odds that I can submit, just figure this should be clarified.
Nope, entries must be new, original, unpublished items. Submitting a published work or publishing information or seeking specific help before the contest ends will lead to disqualification, and indeed has in previous contests.
KermMartian wrote:
some18kanal0n3 wrote:

Nope, entries must be new, original, unpublished items. Submitting a published work or publishing information or seeking specific help before the contest ends will lead to disqualification, and indeed has in previous contests.

Those are stupid rules.
congrats on making the news at ticalc.org Very Happy
elfprince13 wrote:
congrats on making the news at ticalc.org Very Happy
Thanks elfprince13, I was happily surprised as well. Smile
allynfolksjr wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
some18kanal0n3 wrote:

Those are stupid rules.

I agree, I would love to submit either of my chemistry programs (see http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/authors/92/9228.html) from years ago long before I even knew of Cemetech or the existance of calculator contest.
Anyways, school keeps me too busy so I won't be submitting anything.
Those rules are far from stupid. These contests are of our skills now, not 3 weeks ago, not 4 months ago, and not thanks to so-and-so's input. Of course, since it's a contest, you shouldn't say what you're going to enter. After all, the spirit of the contest is going in blind and headfirst all kamikaze-like Razz
somerandombystander wrote:
I agree, I would love to submit either of my chemistry programs (see http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/authors/92/9228.html) from years ago long before I even knew of Cemetech or the existance of calculator contest.
Anyways, school keeps me too busy so I won't be submitting anything.
I'm currently not able to access a graphing calculator. But by looking at the screenshots, you could probably up the GUI to use the graph screen - since one of the grading tables is on the graphics/interface aspect.

While I wouldn't be graded very well on size, my Money Manager (better ZIP file on Cemetech, though) would be a tough cookie on about every other level, I'd like to believe. Though I still haven't seen a money manager that compares Rolling Eyes Well, this forum is no place for gloating! Razz Good luck if you do enter!
KeithJohansen wrote:
Those rules are far from stupid. These contests are of our skills now, not 3 weeks ago, not 4 months ago, and not thanks to so-and-so's input. Of course, since it's a contest, you shouldn't say what you're going to enter. After all, the spirit of the contest is going in blind and headfirst all kamikaze-like Razz
Exactly, it's to make sure that the entry you submit is truly your latest (best? hopefully) work and uninfluenced by other people's advice and suggestions.
I think I might enter as well I got an idea at least...it can be any type of utility right? Not one specific to a subject or anything.
right.
Madskillz wrote:
I think I might enter as well I got an idea at least...it can be any type of utility right? Not one specific to a subject or anything.
Exactly. And welcome to Cemetech;.
some18kanal0n3 wrote:
I'm currently not able to access a graphing calculator. But by looking at the screenshots, you could probably up the GUI to use the graph screen - since one of the grading tables is on the graphics/interface aspect.

While I wouldn't be graded very well on size, my Money Manager (better ZIP file on Cemetech, though) would be a tough cookie on about every other level, I'd like to believe.

Heh, the chemistry program is about 14000 which is by far too big, but i have yet to figure out a new method. But in terms or circuits, all graph may come eventually, but I'm working on Kirchoff's rules first.

And yes, I do understand the rules and where they come from.

I hear it's your birthday some18kanal0n3, so Happy Birthday!
14kB! Holy-! That'll easily be 20kB when converted to use the graph screen. Wow, Kirchoff's Rules look a little complex! I'll give you kudo's now and more when you pull it off Smile

Heh Evil or Very Mad Thanks Smile
some18kanal0n3 wrote:
14kB! Holy-! That'll easily be 20kB when converted to use the graph screen. Wow, Kirchoff's Rules look a little complex! I'll give you kudo's now and more when you pull it off Smile

yeah, 20kB is just way way too much, and Kirchhoff's rules are as complex as you may think but implementing them with only 24kB total with no other apps/archived programs, seems impossible at this point, I may need to head off to assembly...
Thanks for the kudos, it's now an IF I can even pull it off.
somerandombystander wrote:
some18kanal0n3 wrote:

yeah, 20kB is just way way too much, and Kirchhoff's rules are as complex as you may think but implementing them with only 24kB total with no other apps/archived programs, seems impossible at this point, I may need to head off to assembly...
Thanks for the kudos, it's now an IF I can even pull it off.
I'm in my final semester as an undergraduate EE, and Kirchhoff is not that bad at all compared with some of the later things you are faced with with solving DC, AC, and complex signals in semiconductor/ transistor / MOSFET ladders by hand.
KermMartian wrote:
I'm in my final semester as an undergraduate EE, and Kirchhoff is not that bad at all compared with some of the later things you are faced with with solving DC, AC, and complex signals in semiconductor/ transistor / MOSFET ladders by hand.

Yeah, I'm in my final half of my sophomore year as an SE major and I took an introduction course to EE I decided that I'll stick with just software. So I agree. heh
Fair deal; it's fun for those of us who enjoy it, but otherwise it's just tedium.
Would I be able to submit multiple entries into the same category? Although I probably wouldn't want to split votes between two of my own programs, I'm just wondering if that could be allowed.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours