The weird thing is I was trying to use port 21, the standard FTP port...
Hmm...all of my comps can connect just fine; are you sure you're not trying to use passive mode?
thats because all your comps will be coming from the same network as the server, so the firewall won't stop it. Try it with a comp OUTSIDE your own network
Ahem...not all of my comps are inside my network; haven't you been reading any of the other posts in this topic? I'll briefly recap;I have already defined that I can connect to my server inside and outside of my network, I have all of the proper ports forwarded, and Kerm still can't connect.
Well, I'll try again. I can't wait to play Cemetech Blockland with you guys Very Happy.
Remember, my server will be offline all of next week and this weekend Smile
Surprised Oh no!!! Sad
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Ahem...not all of my comps are inside my network; haven't you been reading any of the other posts in this topic? I'll briefly recap;I have already defined that I can connect to my server inside and outside of my network, I have all of the proper ports forwarded, and Kerm still can't connect.

i'm assuming they are all using the same ISP and connecting through the same modem? if so, then they are all on the same "network" - however they connect to the modem. Means the firewall will let your connect request go through, but not one outside your "network" - try it from a friends house or something, see if it works then
Yeah, I'd suggest checking the firewall, because I haven't been able to see your Blockland server either...
New Gallery Item: Green Army Base

Go to the bottom:
http://cemetech.designerz-core.com/projects/blockland/

way too much time on your hands
Laughing It wasn't just me by myself. Now THAT would be sad. Smile
one time i built an entire space station on my own... it was so big you couldnt see all the way across it...
Cooooool. One of the structures I've decided to include is a tower with a biewing platform at the top containing a map of the city with train switching track controls, traffic light controls, and buttons to close off access to the city and/or county, accessible by an elevator that doubles as the support tower.
sweet. I can't wait to see this. We need to get this going, badly.
Well, we need two things before we can get started in earnest, TBM2 and Ult Dev's server. The train being finished would also help but isn't imperative.
Quote:
i'm assuming they are all using the same ISP and connecting through the same modem?

No, they're not Rolling Eyes

Anyways, the problem was fixed.

As for the Blockland server, please read the other topics for the status of the server.
Indeed. Oh, and Ult Dev, I know how to fix it.
YAY!
Yay indeed. I better send that info in a PM to make sure Ult Dev gets it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 11 of 12
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours