DShiznit wrote:
If he's clean of nicotine entirely, that implies he's beaten the addiction.

it is possible he can still have some pangs of withdrawl
Pangs? Anyways, if he did he wouldn't still be "clean from all nicotine" since his last smoke or post, as implied.
Quote:
Not sure how long its been, but I just wanted to update saying that I'm still clean of all nicotine.
ok, but I am just saying that my dad has been nicotine free for about 5 good years now, but he still has a craving now and then (not often luckly)
qazz42 wrote:
ok, but I am just saying that my dad has been nicotine free for about 5 good years now, but he still has a craving now and then (not often luckly)

This. I still get cravings, but I no longer feel the need to act upon them.
Hey, I'm a bit late, but I'm rooting for you, too! Addiction never leaves you, but you can get past most of the effects in a few weeks. Also, if you say things like "I bought a pack and I'm resisting the urge", it is only giving you an excuse to relapse. Throw the pack away, not in your trashcan, but in the dumpster far away. Don't give yourself the opportunity to fail.
Good luck!
Just wanted to update, in three more days it will be the start of the third month i think.
That's great! Thanks for keeping us updated Very Happy
Woot, 1/4 of a year!!! I'm glad you have stuck to this so well! Keep going at it, as you can do this.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours