Tommorow is the big day, I am going to quit smoking. I have been smoking for almost two years and a pack a more a day. Now i just have to figure out how to tell my parents that way they can help me along with it. I have about two hours to figure out how to do it too, oh well Smile
Buy a Rubber band or Airsoft gun, and tell them to peg you with a round if they catch you smoking Laughing

But seriously, I have no idea's Sad
Best of luck!
chew gum
Congratulations, it's not an easy thing to do, but I know it has to be such a great feeling once you've beaten it.

Good luck with it.
good luck on your mission!
Good luck, laffer, you'll be a better man without it.
I have an idea:
Have your parents hold on to all of your money, in fact have your paychecks go directly to them too. Once you have no way to buy cigarettes it should be like getting over the death of a loved one. Good luck.
In the end i decided to try the patch and it has been working. And although it may not see like a long time, today was day 6. It was easy at first but now every time I go to work i want to stop and purchase cigarettes but i resist. It is also tough at places where i used to smoke a lot but i am usually with friends at those places and they are helping me out.
Good Idea
Feeling any more fit yet, or will that come soon?
Actually it seems like i have been sick more now then when i did smoke.
Well yesterday was the two week mark, and I have only had one strong urge and that was when a customer got into a female coworker's(who is about seventy) face and started cussing
lafferjm wrote:
Well yesterday was the two week mark, and I have only had one strong urge and that was when a customer got into a female coworker's(who is about seventy) face and started cussing
Congrats, glad to hear it. You went cold turkey then? Are you using any of those patches or gums etc?
I tried cold turkey one time and it didn't work. So this time i have been using the patches, i liked them so much i made a review of them Smile
Well i haven't posted my weekly update for last week so here it is. I am now four weeks smoke free, and this monday coming up will obviously be five. I get urges every now and they are strong but i fight the urge. After week six i have to step myself down from the 21mg/day nicotine patch to the 14mg/day for two weeks then it will be the 7mg/day.
Congrats, keep up the good work. Does it get harder for a bit when you switch from the 21 to the 14mg patch?
I think it might but only for the first couple of days.
Good luck brotha. I am currently on the nicotine train myself, and have only managed to quit for a week before caving in. Sounds like the patch may be the way to go.
I have started smoking sometime between my last post and now, due to my boss Mad. But I am ready to quit again, the sad part is I am getting ready to go into town to buy a couple of packs. Soon I will try to quit, I am ready and I want to but I just don't feel like it. I am getting ready to go to town now because I haven't smoked in three hours and all I want to do is curl up on the floor and rock back and forth.
I know what you're going through. I turn 21 Saturday, so last Saturday I told myself I'd quit drinking for a week so my first beer in a bar would be that much better. I already caved...
Yeah nothing like going from fetal position to back at it harder than before.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours