A Couple Weeks
 37%  [ 11 ]
A Month
 10%  [ 3 ]
A Couple Months
 51%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 29

allynfolksjr wrote:
Another fun fact: I'm the longest-posting non-admin. So suck on that.
I thought I was? Shock (since my join date predates this forum install)
DJ_O wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:

Fine. Your UID is 8 lower than mine. But I'm still the coolest longest-posting non-admin.
allynfolksjr wrote:
DJ_O wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:

Fine. Your UID is 8 lower than mine. But I'm still the coolest longest-posting non-admin.
But I made a game for HP calculators Razz
This post should make me a member Razz
I've run around the forums a little and found some of the custom ranks that were awarded to some very advanced people, didn't bother with the names, you guys probably know very well who has these ranks since they have all been here for about a decade (literally) hopefully this shall make this post a little less content-less.
Here is the list, probably missing a few, but I think I've got quite a few down.

Transient Squash
/=\ PH34R |\/|3
OVER NINE THOUSAND!
Cement Expert
Kerm Sucks
Join us on #cemetech-vaporware
Future Admin
Mythical Hermit
Underboss of Cemetech
Supreme Commander of the Asgard Fleet
Numerophile
Official Cemetech Fuel Transfer Engineer
Vampire Killer
Former Omnimaga admin
-
NOU!
Systems Wrangler
Awesomesauce
File Archiver
Coding Knight
Victory is mine!!!
Cemetech Civility Maintenance SuperMod
Epic z80 roflpwner
mr womp womp wrote:
This post should make me a member Razz
Please remember that we value quality over quantity, and that in fact goes for everyone. Try not to get so caught up in post ranks that you lose sight of the point of posting in the first place: asking and answering questions, showing off cool projects, and so on. We have assigned the Cemetech Expert flair to users with far less than 1,000 posts, to demonstrate how much that distinction means to us (as well as to recognize talent, obviously).

Edit:
mr womp womp wrote:
I've run around the forums a little and found some of the custom ranks that were awarded to some very advanced people, didn't bother with the names, you guys probably know very well who has these ranks since they have all been here for about a decade (literally) hopefully this shall make this post a little less content-less.
Actually, once you get to 1,000 posts, most users are allowed to set their own titles. Therefore, you're seeing the creativity of some of our most prolific and dedicated members there. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Edit:
mr womp womp wrote:
Actually, once you get to 1,000 posts, most users are allowed to set their own titles. Therefore, you're seeing the creativity of some of our most prolific and dedicated members there. Smile

What you mean by most users are allowed to set their own titles? Some don't or something? And how do they do that? Do they get some kind of new option in the Edit Profile thing? I think I will want to stick with the set titles because I just like seeing it change for some reason. It feels like an accomplishment each time, which feels good.
I think you have to ask an admin to change it, and if you aren't that great of a forum member they may not give you the custom title.
I think.

EDIT: Guess not, see Kerm's post below.
readroof2 wrote:
What you mean by most users are allowed to set their own titles? Some don't or something? [...] I think I will want to stick with the set titles because I just like seeing it change for some reason. It feels like an accomplishment each time, which feels good.
That's exactly why.
readroof2 wrote:
Do they get some kind of new option in the Edit Profile thing?
Yep, there's a radio button to choose a custom title or keep the site-assigned titles, and a text input area for entering a custom title.
Oh. So you don't have to ask an administrator? What do you mean by most users though? Do you decide if they deserve that option when they get to 1000 posts?

Edit: I wish I could post more words in this, but my computer was getting really laggy and it was taking a minute to write a small sentence.
The ability to set a custom title is available to everyone at 1000 posts. Before that it's setable by an Admin only.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 6 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours