tifreak8x wrote:
Or 5? I could use one or two myself. 0x5
Absolutely, tell me about it. Sad For your forum, it'll be easy to take the board offline, figure out an offset for post IDs, topic IDs, and the mappings for forum/subforum IDs, then execute SQL to fix all of that. UserID mappings shouldn't be horrible either, and you can then merge the tables together verbatim.
Well, it -sounds- easy, but this goes way above and beyond anything I've done before. o.o

On the plus side, I had come to a similar conclusion myself, I just wasn't sure how possible it was going to be to do such a thing.
So I'm trying to get my irc applet to work, but the java part seems to keep failing.

http://tifreakware.net/irc

Anyone else having issues getting it to work, or are you getting any errors?
I was digging through my bookmarks when I stumbled upon a link for a math page for the 89. Thought I would stop over and check it out, but alas it was gone! So I utilized the Wayback Machine, and was able to pull the page back up, and dropped a copy of it on to the TI-Freakware tutorial archives!

You can find it here: http://tifreakware.net/tutorials/89/math/vectorcalc.html
tifreak8x wrote:
I was digging through my bookmarks when I stumbled upon a link for a math page for the 89. Thought I would stop over and check it out, but alas it was gone! So I utilized the Wayback Machine, and was able to pull the page back up, and dropped a copy of it on to the TI-Freakware tutorial archives!

You can find it here: http://tifreakware.net/tutorials/89/math/vectorcalc.html
Nice find, vector math is something that I think a lot of students struggle to do on the 68K calculators. It would be nice if someone experienced in the math could wrap a few explanations around that list of equivalents, showing why the commands used are used, but it's also useful enough as it is.
Thanks Smile I thought the page was worth saving. I don't know anyone that knows that level of math, though, so not sure if anything else will be expanded on that.
I know that math, so I would be happy to help out if you'd like. Of course I'll have to find time to review to make sure that I'm telling you the right thing. Smile
If you can find the time to do a write up of that math for explanation purposes, I'd be happy to add it to the page, and give proper credit!

I think I'm going to work on the link guide a little more, add to it.
tifreak8x wrote:
If you can find the time to do a write up of that math for explanation purposes, I'd be happy to add it to the page, and give proper credit!

I think I'm going to work on the link guide a little more, add to it.
Great. I think you should also work on the TILP II guide if you happen to get a chance. Don't forget that TI-Connect 4.0 is going to make you need to update your guide. Smile
Yeah, I just updated my flash drive that I keep site files on, so I have all of the latest and greatest of the tutorials. I want to expand on the TI-Connect one with the errors and such, but I think I'll wait for the new TI-Connect. I might even just make a new tutorial specific to that one. It's hard telling if the new one will be any good or not.
Bit of a necro post, but it's still relevant.

For some time now, my forums have been broken. And right now, I'm trying to rectify the issue. It's a phpbb3 forum, and apparently with the latest php upgrades, it no longer likes date().

Quote:
Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /homepages/1/d190417305/htdocs/forum/index.php on line 86

The line in question is:

Code:
   $now = getdate(time() + $user->timezone + $user->dst - date('Z'));

I've been googling around, trying to find an appropriate fix, but so far, nothing is coming up. I've even tried downloading the latest version of phpbb3, and installing using the config.php file information, but it throws a fit about it already existing.

Anyone have any idea what to try to rectify the issue?

Thanks in advance!
It sounds like the function is not happy with the time zone, hence why it isn't "safe to rely on the system's timeline settings." Have you tried pinpointing where the timezone setting is set? Does it happen to logged out users? Logged in users? Different timezone settings?
It won't let me log in at all, because of this issue. And I figured the information it was posting to the top would be what the problem was. I just need to see where it sets the timezone at? I'll take a look.

Edit: The only place I get anything timezone related in the document is the line of code I posted above. :/ Looking at the latest index page from the new phpbb3, they made significant changes to the code, so I'm not sure much is compatible. I'm curious if I could overwrite the one index page with the new one, see what happens.. At worst, I do have a backup of the old..

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours