What category of weapon does Sith Lightning fall under?
Ranged
 75%  [ 6 ]
Melee
 25%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

alright, here we go, my decisions have (mostly) been made as to what will be included as the default weapons, vehicles, and maps for TBG. The melee weapons will be updated to include parrying, in some form similar to how it was implemented by DShiznit. I'd also like to see the creation of Star Wars and Train themed content packs fairly soon after release. To this end I have decided that the lightsaber, the blaster rifle, and the sith lightning will *not* be included in the default release, and will instead be replaced by DShiznit's much superior lightsabers as part of the Star Wars content pack. any violent objections or last minute inclusions should be posted here.

Maps

• BL-Adventure Islands
  • BL-Bedroom 2
  • BL-Blocktopia
  • BL-Build Box (originally TBM-Box)
  • BL-Build Table 2
  • BL-Cemetech City Remix (previously unreleased)
  • BL-Construct Revisited
  • BL-Desertion
  • BL-Eternal Sunset
  • BL-Galaxia
  • BL-Golden Twilight
  • BL-Green Hills
  • BL-IKEA House v2
  • BL-IKEA Room v2
  • BL-Moon
  • BL-Mordor (previously unreleased)
  • BL-Perfection Isles 2
  • BL-Ping Pong
  • BL-Rolling Hills 2
  • BL-Scopic Endemia
  • BL-Starry Night 2
  • BL-Terra Alta
  • BL-Treehouse
  • DM-Antioch
  • DM-Battleroom v2 (previously unreleased)
  • DM-City of Ruin
  • DM-Deep Cave
  • DM Frostbite
  • DM-Midship
  • DM-Omaha
  • DM-Torched
  • RC-Maze (Swivel's maze)
  • RC-Perfection Isles
  • RC-Rally
  • RC-Snowy Mountain

Vehicles

• antigravity suit
  • D-Wing
  • Psi-Wing
  • Sigma Fighter
  • Kart 2
  • TBM Copter (missile launcher version)
  • CPRR Engine

Ranged Weapons

• Acid Gun
  • blackhole gun
  • bow
  • con rifle
  • flamethrower
  • grenade launcher
  • gun pack
  • Handgun
  • kicker
  • landmine
  • Lasergun
  • Mortar Cannon
  • medgun
  • Minigun
  • missile launcher
  • nuke
  • plasma sniper
  • puller
  • quantum gun
  • Revolver
  • rifle
  • Shotgun
  • spear
  • staff of power
  • storm gun

Melee Weapons

• cutlass
  • katana
  • pickaxe
  • sword
Very nice list, although shouldn't that last subsection be melee instead of ranged? Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Very nice list, although shouldn't that last subsection be melee instead of ranged? Smile

thanks Smile good catch. I think I'm gonna use this afternoon to begin the process of converting all the terrain maps to use the new directory structure, and then hopefully get a start on updating the weapons and vehicles as well to using the new, more modular coding style that I want implemented for TBG
That sounds like a plan. I should probably clean up and package Cemetech City Remix for you, then, eh?
KermMartian wrote:
That sounds like a plan. I should probably clean up and package Cemetech City Remix for you, then, eh?

that'd be jolly nice of you, old chap. and of course the CPRR engine, which I'm guessing needs a tad bit more work before its release-ready.
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

that'd be jolly nice of you, old chap. and of course the CPRR engine, which I'm guessing needs a tad bit more work before its release-ready.
Possibly even recreation, depending on how thorough my backups are. Razz
KermMartian wrote:
[Possibly even recreation, depending on how thorough my backups are. Razz

hah, yeah, something along those lines.

[edit]

aha! I just found the .ter to two old maps that I have fond memories of, but for which I am missing all other information, after I'm done porting this lot over, I'm gonna try and recreate them.
Do you think it would be good to make parrying actually "deflect" projectiles? I might be able to make that work... Smile
calc84maniac wrote:
Do you think it would be good to make parrying actually "deflect" projectiles? I might be able to make that work... Smile

depends on the weapon and the projectile Wink cutlass vs missile launcher, not so much.

also, here's what I have left to set up for maps:

• BL-Cemetech City Remix (Kerm needs to send it over)
  • BL-Mordor (needs some tidying)
  • DM-Battleroom v2 (needs some tidying)
  • DM-Omaha (some of the spawn-point people are out of place, if you've played it, you know what I mean)
  • Arctica (I found the .ter file, need to check and see if its actually for the map I remember it being, and attempt to recreate it)

[edit]
hmm, I got arctica resembling something of what I remember, if anyone knows the original author so I can credit them, let me know. I have a hunch it was Gobbles from the textures it uses, but I'm not sure.
I SPEND TOO MUCH TIME ON /b/
that was unnecessary.
Quote:
any violent objections or last minute inclusions should be posted here.

I was looking for the head of an animal with a knife through it's skull, but that worked just as well. It wasn't even a real picture, it was a Halloween prop. But yeah, I object to forcing users to have to download all the Add-on packs a server has when they don't have them. A multiversion full/lite system would fix this. People who want everything can get the full version, whereas those who want to download and get started quickly, or for some other reason don't want content, can download the lite version, with the understanding that they will have to download any add-ons another server has if they wish to join it.

EDIT- and try out my starfighter engine sounds, they add a lot to the experience of flying the ships.
DShiznit wrote:
Quote:
any violent objections or last minute inclusions should be posted here.

0x5. gotcha. that was more violence without the objection though Wink

DShiznit wrote:
object to forcing users to have to download all the Add-on packs a server has when they don't have them. A multiversion full/lite system would fix this.

this will be a *much* cleaner experience than the old TBM way of installing random content packs. (download, unzip, pray to god that you didn't install something in the wrong order). One initial download to get the "lite" version, at which point you will be able to start up the content manager which will handle updates and browsing the content repository.
sounds a lot like the system RTB supposedly is comming up with for Blockland Retail, but meh.

Wait, I think I might be high on sweettarts right now, but, could this system be coded within the game, which could download a 3d icon quickly and display it along with a description in a 3d environment you could move around in to navigate between packs?
DShiznit wrote:
sounds a lot like the system RTB supposedly is comming up with for Blockland Retail, but meh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Package_manager
its not exactly an uncommon idea. although I'm not planning on implementing dependency checking (yet...)

DShiznit wrote:
which could download a 3d icon quickly and display it along with a description in a 3d environment you could move around in to navigate between packs?

its possible, but http in Torque is a bit of a pain, i'd much rather just use my sexy Python skills to interface with the Cemetech archive.
That sounds good. Do your python skillz include displaying 3d art? I still think it would be cool to have an icon associated with each pack, say a darth vader helmet for the star wars pack, or a crystal for a rock raiders pack, just something small an easily-distracted player could spin around and play with while waiting for a pack to download...
they do, however I would be just as inclined to use 2d art, since there's no reason to tie in pygame if we don't have to.
ok, so one or more screenshots for each pack. That works.
elfprince13 wrote:
they do, however I would be just as inclined to use 2d art, since there's no reason to tie in pygame if we don't have to.
Definitely, let's try to keep the base TBG as light as possible.
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
Definitely, let's try to keep the base TBG as light as possible.

because as anyone who's played TBM2 knows, extracting a 60MB .zip file sucks.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours