also I made a new banner with it:
LO|_ (to avoid the wordfilter). You really took this "chaos" thing to heart, didn't you?

Apart from the fear you have stuck in my heart, this is awesome.
jbr wrote:
LO|_ (to avoid the wordfilter)

Um... if you know that there's a word filter, why would you intentionally avoid it. TOS-wise, isn't that ban worthy? I don't see why you would go out of your way to look like you're 12.

I must say, though, I love the Joker lego man. Smile
Was that really necessary?

I mean, first of all, replacing the string 'l' 'o' 'l' with "0x5" is hardly an action taken to avoid offense. It seems to me to be much more of a joke.
Second, this isn't World of Runescape or whatever MMO you are imagining: I highly doubt we are required to conform to "terms or service" beyond common courtesy, and whatever we agreed to when we signed up (a very long time ago for me). And of course abiding by the law. The point is, I don't think this is an "official" enough place to have forced us to agree to anything about something as petty as a word filter.

Unfortunately for the both of us, flame posts tend to be extremely reflexive of the poster, thereby by calling you arrogant I expose my own arrogance or by you saying I'm seeking attention you reveal your own attention search.

I'm not going to take abuse, but at the same time I don't want to start anything that couldn't be considered a civil comparison of different perspectives, so please, don't take this the wrong way. For the reason I stated in the above paragraph, I think it is clearly best to avoid a flamewar.

As a certain someone might say, "Why so serious?" Evil or Very Mad
I wasn't saying that as a warning of breaking the law. Regardless of why the filter is there, it was still placed there intentionally by the site's administrator. Intentionally going around it is just rude. I suppose I could have told you that in a personal message instead of here where it may divert attention from the thread, but hopefully here someone will see it and realize how bad of an idea it is to ignore a website's administrator(s) before it happens.
besides the fact there are more readable ways to get around it for instance lol works quite well. Or there is always lol and etc. But really what is wrong with letting it be replaced everyone knows that the filter is there and will know what you mean.
Oh, I didn't realize "lol" wasn't filtered. Oops.
I just typed it and thought it wouldn't work, so I hit backspace and "fixed" it. Then I thought people would wonder why I did that, so I better explain it.

It's really not a big deal. I can just change it to something else if it really bothers people that much.

I just typed something out as I was thinking it. I didn't have some kind of grand plan for that post.

(See, on my "home" forum (not related in any way to this), the mods like to put in random* wordfilters and getting around them is sort of a game we all play. We think it's funny to watch people struggle to come up with bowdlerized alternatives so that their posts get don't get maimed.)
*really random stuff, btw. Like replacing a certain person's name with "the bogeyman" or something.

I'd like to move on now. I don't want to get a perfectly good topic locked over two punctuation marks.
*Ahem* (Kerm puts on his bifocal)

"While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.

This forum system uses cookies to store information on your local computer. These cookies do not contain any of the information you have entered above; they serve only to improve your viewing pleasure. The e-mail address is used only for confirming your registration details and password (and for sending new passwords should you forget your current one).

In addition, this forum is populated by users, each opinionated and with their own personal styles of dealing with other users. Cemetech claims no responsibility for their behavior or tone with other members, and includes within the terms of this agreement the user's foreknowledge of such a situation. The user now registering shall bind him or herself legally to refrain from any and all criticism of Cemetech as a whole if such behavior offends a user, limiting their negative comments or retaliatory actions or words to the individual in question.

By clicking Register below you agree to be bound by these conditions."

But anyway, I wouldn't really consider evading the "lol" filter to be banworthy. Back on topic, WHY SO SRS? To be honest though, the edge of that doesn't look particularly clean.
jbr wrote:
(See, on my "home" forum (not related in any way to this), the mods like to put in random* wordfilters and getting around them is sort of a game we all play. We think it's funny to watch people struggle to come up with bowdlerized alternatives so that their posts get don't get maimed.)
*really random stuff, btw. Like replacing a certain person's name with "the bogeyman" or something.

Getting around wordfilters (especially on phpbb sites like this) is incredibly easy. Hell, I do it all the damn time and all Kerm does is come through and edit my post Razz (as I expect he will this one - which was just to prove a point Wink )

IT'S SO TEMPTING!!!! -elfprince
Why is "lol" filtered?

Edit: 'l0l'
old Cemetech joke. lemme find you a link to it.

[edit]
here we go, this really ought to be pinned. http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=969
elfprince13 wrote:

[edit]
here we go, this really ought to be pinned. http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=969

Okay thanks. So if lol is filtered, are words like fuck filtered too?

Edit: I just answered my own question Rolling Eyes
elfprince13 wrote:

[edit]
Consider it stickied. Actually, I might promote that to the front page if we go much longer without news.
for the love of... alright back on topic, I updated the models, heres a new pic:
It still looks weird, could you try it with just the eyes and mouth and no white background so the natural yellow shows through?
KermMartian wrote:
It still looks weird, could you try it with just the eyes and mouth and no white background so the natural yellow shows through?

I have a better idea, I'll cut off the edge of the white background, then blur it up against a transparent background, so it sortof blends away, like real makeup.
DShiznit wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I have a better idea, I'll cut off the edge of the white background, then blur it up against a transparent background, so it sortof blends away, like real makeup.

Yeah, because it looks real edgy and unreal. Great job so far though! Good Idea Good Idea
DShiznit wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Ah, now you're talking, let's see how that ends up looking.
I'm liking it Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours