here's a list of some of the better (or just classic) maps that I have laying around that I plan on including in the default installation of TBG. not all of these have been released. If you have any suggestions/detractions for the list, or if you feel that a map should be categorized differently, please post here. As with weapons, I plan to eventually post my entire map collection as add-ons
BL - Building/sandbox oriented maps

• BL-Adventure Islands
  • BL-Bedroom 2
  • BL-Blocktopia
  • BL-Build Box (originally TBM-Box)
  • BL-Build Table 2
  • BL-Cemetech City
  • BL-Construct Revisited
  • BL-Desertion
  • BL-Eternal Sunset
  • BL-Galaxia
  • BL-Golden Twilight
  • BL-Green Hills
  • BL-IKEA House v2
  • BL-IKEA Room v2
  • Moon
  • BL-Mordor
  • BL-Ping Pong
  • BL-Rolling Hills 2
  • BL-Scopic Endemia
  • BL-Starry Night 2
  • BL-Terra Alta
  • BL-Treehouse

DM - Deathmatch/other weapons oriented maps

• DM-Antioch
  • DM-Battleroom v2
  • DM-City of Ruin
  • DM-Deep Cave
  • DM Frostbite
  • DM-Midship
  • DM-Omaha
  • DM-Torched

RC - Racing/tag oriented maps

• RC-Maze (Swivel's maze)
  • RC-Perfection Isles (various iterations, 2 different terrains, one of which is available as high quality and low quality)
  • RC-Rally
  • RC-Snowy Mountain
I guess since I already posted this list I'll keep it up, lol. These are my favorites! ... lol

Sandbox/Building
  • BL-Blocktopia
  • BL-Cemetech City
  • BL-Construct Revisited
  • BL-Scopic Endemia
  • BL-Eternal Sunset
  • BL-Golden Twilight
  • BL-Bedroom 2
  • BL-Green Hills
  • Moon
  • BL-Galaxia
  • BL-Starry Night 2

Deathmatch
  • DM-Omaha
  • DM-City of Ruin
  • DM-Torched
  • DM-Deep Cave

Racing
  • RC-Perfection Isles (first version was best!)
  • RC-Maze (Mine Razz )
  • RC-Snowy Mountain
just to clarify, the maps topic is slightly more oriented towards specific additions or subtractions from the list (i.e. things that should be on the list, but aren't, and vice versa), and the weapons/vehicles topic is more voting oriented.
I've never released Cemetech City Remix, which imo is substantially superior to the original. I'd be happy to have that included. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
I've never released Cemetech City Remix, which imo is substantially superior to the original. I'd be happy to have that included. Smile

consider it done, as soon as you send me the zip file. I think I remember seeing that. maybe we should also release the Cemetech Cruiser as part of a map?
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

consider it done, as soon as you send me the zip file. I think I remember seeing that. maybe we should also release the Cemetech Cruiser as part of a map?
Unfortunately I lost the original, but I've been working on an updated version, so perhaps you'd join me in working on it at some point?
sure thing Razz just let me know the next time you have a TBM server fired up.
what about BL-Freight Train? that map was awesome! The bathroom was nice too. And what about the doghouse and the stairs, and the Computer!? Oh, and the grill and the office, those were nice.
What about a dynamic level on train tracks, with like 3 parallel rails and open boxcars that move at different speeds and can be jumped to/from?
DShiznit wrote:
what about BL-Freight Train? that map was awesome! The bathroom was nice too. And what about the doghouse and the stairs, and the Computer!? Oh, and the grill and the office, those were nice.
I don't think I ever saw that map, how could I have missed it?!
KermMartian wrote:
DShiznit wrote:
I don't think I ever saw that map, how could I have missed it?!

link me to Freight Train.... I have the others, but didn't feel they deserved to be included in the default pack. as I said, they will be included for separate download
On the subject of which maps are our favorite, I've always really liked Rolling Hills 2 for my big train and skyscraper builds. Starry Night 2 is of course ideal for spaceship builds.
this will be getting off topic, but, I like how everyone put some dorky sci-fi name for their location... It makes me feel like less of a minority. And freight train can currently only be found in the Orange Block (which has every map ever made for tbm), but I know Grey Mario made an enhanced version (where the player is flung back when he/she hits the ground as if it were really moving), and I could probably get him to release that.
DShiznit wrote:
this will be getting off topic, but, I like how everyone put some dorky sci-fi name for their location... It makes me feel like less of a minority. And freight train can currently only be found in the Orange Block (which has every map ever made for tbm), but I know Grey Mario made an enhanced version (where the player is flung back when he/she hits the ground as if it were really moving), and I could probably get him to release that.
All the released TBM maps, perhaps, I don't think you hacked into my computer to get all of my unreleased maps. Smile
touche
Oh, which was the map with the floating pyramids? I liked that a lot, although I never had the hardware to play it at high resolution as it was quite laggy.
KermMartian wrote:
All the released TBM maps, perhaps, I don't think you hacked into my computer to get all of my unreleased maps. Smile

QFMCAW (Quoted For My Computer As Well)

KermMartian wrote:
Oh, which was the map with the floating pyramids? I liked that a lot, although I never had the hardware to play it at high resolution as it was quite laggy.

you mean terra alta? that had floating islands.....there's a couple of maps from tbm 1.6 that I seem to be missing (no one has a copy of them), that I had fond memories of and that I found references to on the forum. the download links were dead though, even before the forum was. screw fileshack.
What do you guys mean by maps? Sorry, I'm kinda new to this whole thing. Sad
"any place that you can go" -Schoolhouse Rock
Swoll_Monkey wrote:
What do you guys mean by maps? Sorry, I'm kinda new to this whole thing. Sad
Maps are worlds with landscapes, skyboxes, etc in the Blockland universe. Each is different, design on the whims of its author.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours