O. M. G. DMCA == Fascism
Not that that is really any excuse for piracy, I mean, the line has to be drawn somewhere, right?

Basically, I just don't know what to think. Maybe I'll tell them I was waiting for someone to make a decent decision for me...

Also, I have no idea what is going on on this "Blockland" board. It sounds like some kind of heavily modded MMO simulation or something.
jbr wrote:
O. M. G. DCMA == Fascism
Not that that is really any excuse for piracy, I mean, the line has to be drawn somewhere, right?

Basically, I just don't know what to think. Maybe I'll tell them I was waiting for someone to make a decent decision for me...

Also, I have no idea what is going on on this "Blockland" board. It sounds like some kind of heavily modded MMO simulation or something.
Heavily-modded isn't really fair. It started out as a LEGO-type game, and TBM is indeed a heavy mod, but a mod of something that was a building game to begin with, just with infinitely more vehicles, weapons, maps, items, etc.
If you guys had any idea how horrible shaper is at what it does, you wouldn't blame me for trying to get it without paying $30.
Point taken. I'm not making a moral judgment or anything like that, just a legal one.
Of course, it's inconsequential anyway, since I seriously doubt RIAA or FBI or whatever Agents are going to swoop down on you the moment you violate the DCMA.
jbr wrote:
Point taken. I'm not making a moral judgment or anything like that, just a legal one.
Of course, it's inconsequential anyway, since I seriously doubt RIAA or FBI or whatever Agents are going to swoop down on you the moment you violate the DCMA.
Eh, it's been known to happen before, not to mention that it's morally reprehensible to steal software regardless of how poor you find it. Some coder put in hundreds or thousands of hours to make that.
Good point, but I'm still not paying $30 for shaper.
DShiznit wrote:
So find a free or open-source alternative.
KermMartian wrote:
DShiznit wrote:
So find a free or open-source alternative.

this means blender.
can blender open dts shapes?
DShiznit wrote:
can blender open dts shapes?

here's a dts to ms3d (Milkshape) converter:
http://www.prairiegames.com/devstuff/dts_to_ms3d.zip

or read this topic:
http://www.garagegames.com/mg/forums/result.thread.php?qt=67085

at least one person has a converter, if you explain the situation with the bricks, etc, I'm sure they'd be willing to help.
I've downloaded that converter, it needs to be manually configured in python, a language I am NOT familiar with, every time you want to use it. That's why I used shaper when I had it. I could probably just bitch on their forums about one of the many things that doesn't work, and the dev would probably release a new version that supposedly fixes the problem but doesn't really. That's what basically happened the last 2 or 3 times.
Python is pretty easy to pickup. seriously, the learning curve is less than the time its gonna take you to keep bypassing the timer on Shaper.
jbr wrote:
O. M. G. DCMA == Fascism

Its DMCA, not DCMA.

Quote:

Then don't post in this subforum until you've figured out what it is. Rolling Eyes
What, I'm not allowed to ask?

(Also, how did I miss that typo? Stupid, stupid... I'll fix it.)
jbr wrote:
What, I'm not allowed to ask?

(Also, how did I miss that typo? Stupid, stupid... I'll fix it.)
You're allowed to ask, but rest assured that you will get JFGI'd Smile

http://www.blockland.us
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Better_Mod
http://tbm.pcloadletterwtf.com/what.html
what the fuck? I undid the redirect for the better mod. fuckin asshole retail blockland cunts mother fuckers. Fuck them.
DShiznit wrote:
what the censored? I undid the redirect for the better mod. censored censored retail blockland censored mother censored. censored them.
You know that you could always just not curse instead of triggering the censor. Razz
Hey, Kerm, I have a great idea! Could you make the censor use the correct tense of verb so that you can tell what he's saying? As in "verb-ing verb verb-er" becomes "censoring censor censor."

Its just so annoying to read when you can't make it out. I'd personally rather just have the cursing.
I like triggering the censor. It's like triggering a laser tripmine in splinter cell. You just have to do it to see what happens.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours