Oh no I didn't:

Also note my new signature. I have another banner, but I can't show it here, as it involves AIDS and pools, so heres a link:
http://www.thebettermod.org/forum.html?func=view&id=1493&catid=2#1521
hot sabers. nice work Very Happy
elfprince13 wrote:
hot sabers. nice work Very Happy
Agreed, exceedingly spiffy. Smile
Z-Billboard = win
DShiznit wrote:
Z-Billboard = win
No, I was talking about the light sabers, not the signature banners. Razz
Z-billboard is the model attribute I used to get the saber's flare effect. A billboard is a part of a model that always faces the player, like a flare, and a Z-Billboard is the same thing, but only on the Z axis, like all the objects in DOOM.

Hence, Z-Billboard = win.
that's hot Very Happy

which version of Torque are you using/what version does that first appear in?

I don't remember seeing it documented anywhere.
DShiznit wrote:
Z-billboard is the model attribute I used to get the saber's flare effect. A billboard is a part of a model that always faces the player, like a flare, and a Z-Billboard is the same thing, but only on the Z axis, like all the objects in DOOM.

Hence, Z-Billboard = win.
In that case, sir, more power to you. Keep up the good works. Smile
elfprince13 wrote:
that's hot Very Happy

which version of Torque are you using/what version does that first appear in?

I don't remember seeing it documented anywhere.

This is regular blockland0002, and the lack of documentation is exactly what made this such a bitch to figure out. I knew it was possible, as Age Of Time had a flare model that loaded in blockland, but I could not for the life of me figure out how, until I found myself randomly browsing through the help files that came with the dts plus exporter for milkshape. I first used Billboard in the light flares I made for the fake dynamic lights in the Orange Block 1.5 or 1.6 (I can't quite remember which), and this is the first I've used Z-Billboard. I recently added Billboard flares to the missile dts, which along with the smoke particle in the script creates an effect that rivals Blockland Retail.

If I can hack shaper or install new version, I was thinking of adding light flares to some of Kerm's Vehicles (like the psiwing, sigma fighter, and dwing) in place of the existing particle engines (or in addition to, if it looks better).
so you add a z-billboard node to the model, and a path to the image you're using in the datablock?
no, I check Z-Billboard in the exporter under the mesh I want to be the Z-Billboard. So far I've only done it with 2d planes, but theres no reason why it can't be done with a 3d mesh
A flare around the flying vehicle engines would be amazing hotness.
DShiznit wrote:
no, I check Z-Billboard in the exporter under the mesh I want to be the Z-Billboard. So far I've only done it with 2d planes, but theres no reason why it can't be done with a 3d mesh

is shaper the only tool you've found that supports this? I definitely don't remember it in Milkshape's........I'll have to check Blender, and I'm still confused as to how you attach teh Z-Billboard to the model of the lightsaber (my understanding is that it's 2 separate models)
I do it using Milkshape's DTS Plus exporter, as shaper can't export to torque 1.0 properly. The Z-Billboard is a value the exporter applies to a single mesh (group) within a model. I believe Shaper has it too, but I don't export with it anyway so it doesn't much matter.
In other news [Contents removed, violation of the Cemetech TOS]. Now to try adding some Z-billboards to Kerm's ships...
Thanks, I look forward to seeing how you do with that and trying out the results, but in the future I ask you to refrain from discussing illegal activities on this forum.
DShiznit wrote:
I do it using Milkshape's DTS Plus exporter, as shaper can't export to torque 1.2

huh, that's really handy Smile
blockland0002 is 1.2?
Also, shaper somehow got around my hack when I tried to start it a second time, and now the hack doesn't work. So no more shaper, again... And technically speaking I've done nothing Illegal, to my knowledge I'm allowed to edit my own registry...
DShiznit wrote:
blockland0002 is 1.2?
Also, shaper somehow got around my hack when I tried to start it a second time, and now the hack doesn't work. So no more shaper, again...

yes, and rofl at shaper. have you tried using Revo Uninstaller? or using Regmon + Filemon from Sysinternals to check which keys+files it accesses at startup?

technically you're violating the DMCA by circumventing copyright protection.
I did that second part, but I haven't tried that first thing...
elfprince13 wrote:
DShiznit wrote:
blockland0002 is 1.2?
Also, shaper somehow got around my hack when I tried to start it a second time, and now the hack doesn't work. So no more shaper, again...

yes, and rofl at shaper. have you tried using Revo Uninstaller? or using Regmon + Filemon from Sysinternals to check which keys+files it accesses at startup?

technically you're violating the DMCA by circumventing copyright protection.
Indeed he is, and in this case I feel the DMCA has it right, although it's often a piece of junk as far as fairness goes.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours