You know how Doors by default recognizes iPaint, DocDE and AcelGoyobis levels? Is it possible IE. not too time consuming to implement moreof these features, such as RigView Files opening in RigView (Or iPaint should support be added) and Mario Levels? That would be amazing, and a huge step forward.
The major problem I can see with that is that Rigview (and others) would have to be modified to support parameter passing so they know what file to open when they are run. Its not really something Kerm could just add to Doors and have it work.
Couldn't it pick up programs starting with a theta as Rigview programs?
But how will DoorsCS tell the programs to open their files? If they're not designed to work with Doors, then there's no way.
Talking about DoorsCS recognition, I recently found a bug:
if you try to open a MT3 file with DocDE6, you can modify the music's title, but if you put too much text, this completely corupts MT3 (the program's interface becomes mixed up).
ZagorNBK wrote:
Talking about DoorsCS recognition, I recently found a bug:
if you try to open a MT3 file with DocDE6, you can modify the music's title, but if you put too much text, this completely corupts MT3 (the program's interface becomes mixed up).
I can think of a simple solution to avoid corrupting the MT3 interface then. Razz
And what is this simple solution?
Don't open the file in DocDE Very Happy
Can Kerm fix it?
yoman82 wrote:
You know how Doors by default recognizes iPaint, DocDE and AcelGoyobis levels?

Since when is there a DoorsCS version of Acelgoyobis? Is it possible to download it?
You can delete this post, Kerm...
ZagorNBK wrote:
yoman82 wrote:
You know how Doors by default recognizes iPaint, DocDE and AcelGoyobis levels?

Since when is there a DoorsCS version of Acelgoyobis? Is it possible to download it?
a) Please don't doublepost, edit your post instead
b) No, there is not, but I thought about it at one point. I just never got around to implementing it. He's talking about the list at http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=Registered_Filetypes
I saw that too, that's why I asked.
Would it be possible to modify Rigview to work in that way? It would be like a complete office suite, and Rigview is a sub 1KB program, so it shouldn't take too long to get it edited and fixed.
Also, what is the plaintext file type?
yoman82 wrote:
Would it be possible to modify Rigview to work in that way? It would be like a complete office suite, and Rigview is a sub 1KB program, so it shouldn't take too long to get it edited and fixed.
Also, what is the plaintext file type?

it would be pretty easy to modify if the source is available. All one has to do is come up with some way to pass arguments to programs, which could be as simple as a register that either is 0 or points to the file to be opened.
So... Is the source available, or not?
And DoorsCS7 should recognize Omnicalc fonts and not show them, because when you run them from DoorsCS6.2, it freezes ur calc and that forces you to pull the batteries.
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
And DoorsCS7 should recognize Omnicalc fonts and not show them, because when you run them from DoorsCS6.2, it freezes ur calc and that forces you to pull the batteries.
Ah, this is good to know, I'll do that. Can you post this in the 3 App Pages thread so I remember to add it to my to-do list?
yoman82 wrote:

yes.
elfprince13 wrote:
yoman82 wrote:

yes.
It's available under a restricted license (which is made explicit in the Doors CS readme) to those who want to learn ASM better from the source or learn techniques. It's not available for modification and re-release.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours