http://thebettermod.org/
You can just download The Orange Block... we don't mind. Wink
As long as it's built into the chat hud, and not some gay rtb irc ripoff like the "other tbg team" was trying to do, I'm happy.
DShiznit wrote:
As long as it's built into the chat hud, and not some gay rtb irc ripoff like the "other tbg team" was trying to do, I'm happy.

that's the plan.

also, I'm planning to order my new laptop in the next 3 weeks.
No offense to the Orange Block team, but I find its coding standards and content standards to be appalling compared with the original TBM team, who while a bit OCD were admirable coders.
I downloaded and played around a bit with The Orange Block a bit, and seems alright right now. My biggest stint right now is that I can't run it at the native resolution of my computer, 1920*1200. The closest I can get is 1920*1080. What would it take to get support for 16:10 resolutions for this (for those of us with widescreen computers).
I could imagine it being pretty easy. All we would have to do is add it and fix up the GUIs that need it. Shouldn't be too hard
swivelgames wrote:
I could imagine it being pretty easy. All we would have to do is add it and fix up the GUIs that need it. Shouldn't be too hard
I'm not positive, but it might be an engine limitation. Try toggling the VSync option (I think that's what it's called) and see if any new reslutions appear.
Earlier versions of the orange block sucked (1.0 - 1.5), but the one I'm working on now is actually coming out quite nicely, everything works, and for the most part fits together. And there really isn't an orange block team: theres only really me, and Greymario, so it's more like a partnership (not a domestic partnership mind you, I don't swing that way). That would probably be why the coding isn't up to par with the standards of MCP or Gobbles. I've got If and else down to a science, so I'm getting there, slowly... don't get me wrong I still suck, but I'm getting there...
Hi. I want to say what I think and ask few questions.

From what i read there, I can understand, that you've already ported TBM to TBG and it's playable game?
Is it/will it be the same, old TBM with few bugfixes, on new engine(wouldn't be very delighted ;/) ? Or will it be kinda new game(like another mod for blockland)? I would be very glad if it's fresh, new blockland, that people enjoy playing. I don't want game that's overpacked with weapons, bricks, other things... Concentrate on GAMEPLAY. I don't rly like TBM. I just don't get fun from playing it. It has so many weapons, bricks, effects, it is overpacked with all these... "shit". I tried to get used to it, but still... I love RTB. People trying to convince me: they say, what is the fun from game that has 100 bricks? Oh, and 10 weapons. - I don't fu**ing care about weapons and bricks! I just enjoy playing RTB. It has good gameplay. Even, if I like RTB so much, i wouldn't be glad from RTB, but on new engine(RTBish TBG). I want another mod. I want some fresh breath. Cool scripts, not vehicles. A game that gives you many abilities, I want to play awesome RPGs created by awesome people. So no TBM, no RTB, new mod, that people will play, I want old "pr0s", players from both these mods to return back. Make them get fun from game. That's all. Sry for grammar.
TBM invented the feckin editor staff, bricks in the inventory, AND custom shift, how is that not solid game play? TBM's editor staff allows you to rotate bricks by using the 7 and 9 keys, rather than doing trigonometry and guesswork. How is that not solid game play? TBM has ALWAYS had the best game play in blockland. It wasn't untill I raped it (as was requested by just about all the players at the time) with the Orange Block that it got heavy on content. I personally like learning and teaching how to use new weapons and vehicles, but that's me. The game play has always been there, and just because theres way more content than you need in my non-official spinoff doesn't mean the game play is any less great. Improportional maybe, but not less great.
I love vehicles and maps, but there's nothing like a good old-fashioned skyscraper freebuild imo.
KermMartian wrote:
I love vehicles and maps, but there's nothing like a good old-fashioned skyscraper freebuild imo.

hence Cemetech towers
If you could get the engine to render that at 20fps or more, I'd be soooooo happy. ShadowZ said the secret is finding a way to bypass the engine almost completely when handling shapes, so it doesn't check up on everything 100 times a second.
DShiznit wrote:
If you could get the engine to render that at 20fps or more, I'd be soooooo happy. ShadowZ said the secret is finding a way to bypass the engine almost completely when handling shapes, so it doesn't check up on everything 100 times a second.

that's on the TBG todo list, its waiting for a new laptop, and a Torque license (I just got paid $150 to fix a couple computers, so I'm hanging on to that for torque)
Isn't an Indie license less than $150? or has the [not]recession gotten to Garage Games too?
DShiznit wrote:
Isn't an Indie license less than $150? or has the [not]recession gotten to Garage Games too?

it used to be $90, but they upped the cost with 1.5, when they folded TLK into the main engine.
elfprince13 wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

it used to be $90, but they upped the cost with 1.5, when they folded TLK into the main engine.
Bah, that's a pain in the neck, but it can't be denied that 1.5 is pretty impressive compared with what we've been working around in the past.
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

Bah, that's a pain in the neck, but it can't be denied that 1.5 is pretty impressive compared with what we've been working around in the past.

they've added keyword arguments to TorqueScript, which will require some reworking of the code, that might be a hassle. hopefully find+replace (or Python) will help with the conversion.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 6 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours