www.sweetim.com/

For those who don't know what that is, it is a program that adds lots of functions for MSN and YIM. For it to work properly, the person who you are talking to must equally have it installed on his computer.

I'm using it for about 6 months and works perfectly well.
ZagorNBK wrote:
www.sweetim.com/

For those who don't know what that is, it is a program that adds lots of functions for MSN and YIM. For it to work properly, the person who you are talking to must equally have it installed on his computer.

I'm using it for about 6 months and works perfectly well.

http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/
http://www.pidgin.im/
Wow.. I thought for sure this was a spam bot before I opened it... And yeah, use the pidgin link Kerm posted. Since when does anyone over age 12 care about what kind of smileys you have?
its badware, just like all that other smiley crap
Kllrnohj wrote:
its badware, just like all that other smiley crap
Agreed. It's probably bloatware, it probably phones home, and it's no doubt vastly inferior to its open source alternatives.
My personal favorite messenger:
http://www.digsby.com/
You guys got it wrong:
SweetIM is not a Messenger: it just adds functions to MSN or YIM that are already installed on the computer...
ZagorNBK wrote:
You guys got it wrong:
SweetIM is not a Messenger: it just adds functions to MSN or YIM that are already installed on the computer...
Oh, that's even more useless to me, as it requires using the slow and awkward officil clients. Very Happy Or will it work with third-party client?
And isn't it kind of useless that the other person has to have it installed? I'd much rather someone just linked me to a cool looking smiley than waste my precious bandwidth and disk space downloading bloatware.

rivereye: That looks cool, but it's only for Winblows Sad
rivereye wrote:
That looks pretty cool, it's like Trillian + Facebook. I'd give it a try, but it looks like it doesn't support IRC, which is a dealbreaker for me.
ZagorNBK wrote:
You guys got it wrong:

I knew that Razz Just reinforces my badware statement.
Kllrnohj wrote:
ZagorNBK wrote:
You guys got it wrong:

I knew that Razz Just reinforces my badware statement.
Heh, for once Kllrnohj is exactly right. I can't see how this would help me. With that said, I could see for a different userbase, like those who use IM for a different type of socialization than me, that it could be helpful.
KermMartian wrote:
With that said, I could see for a different userbase, like those who use IM for a different type of socialization than me, that it could be helpful.

You mean like for little kids or old people who want to feel "young and hip", but fail miserably at it?
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
With that said, I could see for a different userbase, like those who use IM for a different type of socialization than me, that it could be helpful.

You mean like for little kids or old people who want to feel "young and hip", but fail miserably at it?
I was thinking more towards the adolescent-hipster scene, those who aren't really interested in the geek cred they'll lose by abusing emoticons.
KermMartian wrote:
rivereye wrote:
That looks pretty cool, it's like Trillian + Facebook. I'd give it a try, but it looks like it doesn't support IRC, which is a dealbreaker for me.
I usually use Trillian for IMing services, but I decided to give it try after you mentioned it. It has support for all the major IM services, including Facebook, but lacks IRC Mad. It sports a very nice GUI that you can change to your liking and makes good use of pop-ups by allowing you to reply to IM's inside the pop-up while in other applications... It keeps track of Facebook/Twitter/MySpace notifications, too. It's definitely worth giving it a try if you don't use IRC that often.
The IRC thing didn't bother me too much as I just never really liked the IRC clients in the multiprotocol programs.
rivereye wrote:
The IRC thing didn't bother me too much as I just never really liked the IRC clients in the multiprotocol programs.

+1

IRC in Trillian, Pidgin, etc... sucks. XChat blows them all away.
Kllrnohj wrote:
rivereye wrote:

+1

IRC in Trillian, Pidgin, etc... sucks. XChat blows them all away.
I keep hearing that, yet I personally have never had a problem with Trillian for IRC.
When I used it, I couldn't seem to stay connected to an IRC server. Also, I could never seem to be able to DCC into EFNeti86 or any of the other bots on #tcpa.
KermMartian wrote:
I keep hearing that, yet I personally have never had a problem with Trillian for IRC.

I never had a problem, it just sucked in comparison. But then again, ignorance is bliss Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours