Does anyone know of any decent cd burning software for ubuntu. I don't like serpentine because it doesn't let me burn more than 20 mp3's to a cd even though i know the will fit, and brasero is just to slow.
Try K3b.
Thanks, i am downloading it as i type and from the description it looks like it should do what i want.

Edit: Thanks, all i had to do was download the extra codecs after that it worked flawlessly.
Is it KDE? If not I'll give it a try, if yes well I still might but not unless I really need to do a lot of cd burning.
TheStorm wrote:
Is it KDE? If not I'll give it a try, if yes well I still might but not unless I really need to do a lot of cd burning.
JFGI. A quick Google search reveals, within 15 seconds, http://k3b.plainblack.com/requirements:

Quote:
KDE >= 3.2 - KDE is the great window manager, the powerful desktop, the very powerful c++ library K3b is based on, and a lot of programs.
lafferjm wrote:
Does anyone know of any decent cd burning software for ubuntu. I don't like serpentine because it doesn't let me burn more than 20 mp3's to a cd even though i know the will fit, and brasero is just to slow.

Serpentine burns *AUDIO* CDs. It sounds like you want a *DATA* CD, in which case just use Places->CD/DVD Creator. Works fine for me Smile

Otherwise there is Brasero, which is GTK (comes installed with Ubuntu afaik)
couldn't you use WINE to run a windows CD burner in Linux.
No. In addition, necropost.
ryansimbalist wrote:

Why? Ubuntu has a built in CD burner that rocks, there are plenty to choose from that rock, and there is a Linux version of Nero. So I ask again, why?
Kllrnohj wrote:
ryansimbalist wrote:

Why? Ubuntu has a built in CD burner that rocks, there are plenty to choose from that rock, and there is a Linux version of Nero. So I ask again, why?
Not only that, I could potentially see the hardware access necessary for optical media burnin gbeing a problem in WINE, no?
KermMartian wrote:
Not only that, I could potentially see the hardware access necessary for optical media burnin gbeing a problem in WINE, no?

Well yes, but Tari had that part covered Razz
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Well yes, but Tari had that part covered Razz
I suppose, but although his answer was more pithy and to the point, mine explains the 'No' a bit better. Smile
It may be a little off topic but would you recommend any dvd playing software other than totem?

edit: Also how would i fix a problem with the movie image? It seems stretched on the left and right but when i take a screen shot with totem, the image looks fine.
lafferjm wrote:
It may be a little off topic but would you recommend any dvd playing software other than totem?

edit: Also how would i fix a problem with the movie image? It seems stretched on the left and right but when i take a screen shot with totem, the image looks fine.

Totem sucks. MPlayer, Xine, and VLC are all excellent. I recommend installing all 3 and finding out which one you like the best (hint: that would be mplayer Wink )

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours