Math
 0%  [ 0 ]
RPG
 14%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

jfabi82 wrote:
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
Yes, as in yea or nay.
So that's 2 Ayes, 0 Neas, and 1 Undecided. Razz 0x5.
That is correct. Let's see what everyone else has to say.
No, it's not undecided! It's yes! And nay would be the opposite.
I'll conform to what you guys apparently want to hear: Aye.
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
Zaphod Beeblebrox has changed his mind (Wink), so that's 3 ayes and 0 nays thus far.
KermMartian wrote:
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
Zaphod Beeblebrox has changed his mind (Wink), so that's 3 ayes and 0 nays thus far.
Change his mind indeed. Are we going to have a minimum number of Ayes to approve of this, or will a quorum suffice? Razz And where's your vote, Kerm?
jfabi82 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
Change his mind indeed. Are we going to have a minimum number of Ayes to approve of this, or will a quorum suffice? Razz And where's your vote, Kerm?
I'm a judge, I'm not allowed to vote. If we can get two more ayes for a total of five, then I'll post news on the front page about it and post articles on a few other forums about it.
KermMartian wrote:
jfabi82 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
I'm a judge, I'm not allowed to vote. If we can get two more ayes for a total of five, then I'll post news on the front page about it and post articles on a few other forums about it.
Um, all right, but will these count?: Aye. Aye. Laughing
Jfabi82, you know perfectly well that I'm talking about five unique ayes here. Razz
KermMartian wrote:
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

AH! I didn't change my mind! It's what I said in the first place! Sheesh...
Aye.
Zaphod Beeblebrox: See the wink there that means I was joking? Laughing
Sage Orator: That bring us to four ayes and zero nays. I think I'm just going to call it good here and post up the announcements early tomorrow morning.
I know, I should have put a smiley with it to show my recognition of that fact. Oh well.
I say yes or aye to the time extension on the contest.
TheStorm wrote:
Woo, that makes 5 for sure. I'll post up announcements tomorrow morning; what sites do you guys recommend I post on? I'm thinking Cemetech, UTI, and TIFW.
My prog has a typo in it. Instead of "Game Over," it says "ERR:DOMAIN." Sad
KermMartian wrote:
TheStorm wrote:
Woo, that makes 5 for sure. I'll post up announcements tomorrow morning; what sites do you guys recommend I post on? I'm thinking Cemetech, UTI, and TIFW.
Yeah, that's about it (sadly)... You could try getting a hold of the folks at TICalc.org and seeing if you could promote it there, but that's by far a longshot...

foamy3 wrote:
Why is there a typo there? What's the program trying to do at that point? If you actually are trying to display "Game Over" on the screen, make sure you know that using the Text command, the always-positive Y comes before the X. Wink
jfabi82 wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
Why is there a typo there? What's the program trying to do at that point? If you actually are trying to display "Game Over" on the screen, make sure you know that using the Text command, the always-positive Y comes before the X. Wink

No, it doesn't have text. It's just supposed to set a flag to break out of a while loop, but somehow I'm losing a character off of a string variable before that happens. I have no clue where...

EDIT: The error is from Sub('ing, if that wasn't obvious.
KermMartian wrote:
No, don't copy the routines from Ion, that's not only against the rules but also against Ion's license Just make it Ion. Razz
I'm having some problems with this. Ion only includes a basic XOR sprite routine. Suppose I want to modify it to do clipped sprites? Or if I even want to do AND sprites, which is a one byte modification? Am I supposed to write my own sprite routine for that? Or can I reproduce the one from Ion in my section of the code? And in that case, it would be simpler to just have one routine with SMC that dynamically switches between AND and XOR, so it'd be wasteful to use Ion at all! So, what do I do??? Sad
So in terms of prizes, what's the general concensus? I kind a missed a lot of that discusssion and don't really want to read through a lot of posts. Besides, it would be best to compile a list instead of disparate posts.
magicdanw wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
No, don't copy the routines from Ion, that's not only against the rules but also against Ion's license Just make it Ion. Razz
I'm having some problems with this. Ion only includes a basic XOR sprite routine. Suppose I want to modify it to do clipped sprites? Or if I even want to do AND sprites, which is a one byte modification? Am I supposed to write my own sprite routine for that? Or can I reproduce the one from Ion in my section of the code? And in that case, it would be simpler to just have one routine with SMC that dynamically switches between AND and XOR, so it'd be wasteful to use Ion at all! So, what do I do??? Sad
'Allo? 'Eez anybody 'ere? Kerm Martian?
A bump after 12 hours? That's horrendously bad netiquette, good sir. Sad You figure out what you think would be the best, read the Ion license on its routines if you're unsure of the legality of taking and modifying its code.

ZB: I'm hearing Cemetech merchandise.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours