When running a BASIC program on Doors CS 6.2, it pops up the error code 553.

Any reason why, and how to fix?
Reapex wrote:
When running a BASIC program on Doors CS 6.2, it pops up the error code 553.

Any reason why, and how to fix?
If you take a look at the Doors CS errors.txt file included with the manual, or glance at the wiki (http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=Error_Codes), you'll see the following:

# Error 553: Variable intended for a different version [ERR: VERSION]
Oh, I see why.
The picture I was attempting to recall was archived Very Happy
Reapex wrote:
Oh, I see why.
The picture I was attempting to recall was archived Very Happy
There you go, although I don't see why that would trigger the parser to throw a Version error.
Seemed like a significant reason when I received that error, but of course I'm not the coder of DCS XD
Couldn't DoorsCS explain more fully the error instead of just showing its number?
Its easier as a programmer to have it just display the numbers(at least on the Calc Razz) and possibly some debug info (not always).

Plus, its not that hard to go look it up in the ol'manual, is it? Razz
swivelgames wrote:
Plus, its not that hard to go look it up in the ol'manual, is it? Razz

Well it is, especially if you're doing this in maths lesson... Razz
You know, I was thinking about that right after I posted it Razz
*grin* Very Happy
ZagorNBK wrote:
Couldn't DoorsCS explain more fully the error instead of just showing its number?
No, because I don't have the 1K of free space I'd need to store all the error strings. Smile Hence the manual.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours