Update: got waypoints working Very Happy

Way cool (although your waypoints seem... off)
How does that work?
I don't really understand the Waypoints.
Will_W wrote:
How does that work?
I don't really understand the Waypoints.
I'm afraid I'm equally confused. Are we talking about those AI-player-looking things flying about behind you?
I think he means to "aim" the 2 AI players at a series of points in sequence, placed on every bend in the route, to make them drive correctly.
Mapar007 wrote:
I think he means to "aim" the 2 AI players at a series of points in sequence, placed on every bend in the route, to make them drive correctly.
This. ^^
calc84maniac wrote:
Mapar007 wrote:
This. ^^
Makes sense. Well done, calc84maniac, it looks quite fluid. Mapar007, thanks for that.
Any possibility of a demo?
ZagorNBK wrote:
Any possibility of a demo?
Probably not at this point.

By the way, I've been testing out splitscreen! Very Happy
Holy crap.
You definitely should keep the split-screen. It rocks! Cool
ZagorNBK wrote:
You definitely should keep the split-screen. It rocks! Cool
Wow, I'm really impressed that there's very little apparent reduction in speed, even with dual rendering and grayscale! Nicely done, sir.
just think of the possibilities EX. mini map of course(wouldn't be to hard would it?)
GloryMXE7 wrote:
just think of the possibilities EX. mini map of course(wouldn't be to hard would it?)
That would indeed be cool. Thoughts, calc84? Also, welcome to Cemetech, GloryMXE7. I've seen you lurking around previously. Smile
thanks i was just getting used to the site layout is all
Mini-map might not work too well at this resolution. It's very likely I could show it before the level starts, though. But seriously, why use split-screen when you don't have to? It eats up valuable screen space. I moved the camera up a bit, and I think this shows the benefits of full-screen very well:
calc84maniac wrote:
Mini-map might not work too well at this resolution. It's very likely I could show it before the level starts, though. But seriously, why use split-screen when you don't have to? It eats up valuable screen space. I moved the camera up a bit, and I think this shows the benefits of full-screen very well:
Is it possible to make the camera height adjustable ingame, or is that not really within the scope of the game? How does camera adjustment work at this point?
Actually, I was considering making the camera have a few different positions. Smile All I would have to do is change a 16-bit variable. (Even smooth transitions between heights would be possible)
calc84maniac wrote:
Actually, I was considering making the camera have a few different positions. Smile All I would have to do is change a 16-bit variable. (Even smooth transitions between heights would be possible)

So you have it create in 3-D, but have the camera always in the same position? Totally go with the option of changing the camera.
I assume you are going to add a HUD of some sort? Half the screen is dead space, do something with it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours